ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I can't decide if my exhaust is leaking or not

RB Clio 182 Cup
Right, when i first got the car the cat to centre pipe connection had a leak at the clamp which was then fixed.

Then the cat to manifold connection went so was leaking again and has now been replaced with new fitting kit.

But I just can't decide if there is still a leak somewhere or not, it sounds to me as if there is. But I can't see anything. I also have no centre silencer so the exhaust is slightly louder anyway.

How can I check for sure? I'm a bit of a perfectonist when it comes to stuff like this.

EDIT: Also could it be there is a slight leak when cold but as it heats up it slightly expands and seals the gap?

MK2 172 FF
wait until the car is cold. Start the car and put your hand over the tail pipes and it should blow though the hole (if there is one)

*edit - the exhaust will get hot so don't burn your hand*

106 GTI
Lie under the car and get someone to cover both tips

This will create more pressure on the area thats blowing if any and make more noise making it easier to hear/feel.