ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hybrid Rolling Road = Failure

ITB'd MK1
That overfueling is down to more than just different valve size, got to be a sensor up the swannie. I'd change coolant temp sensor and Lambda

sorry dude i dont think you get what im asking you.

i know a williams/megane lump is better then a valver lump but if saying does having a willy/megane bottom end with a 16v head have better performace than a willy/megane bottom end with the willy/megane head?

(Or maybe you did understand me and u were saying that the willy/meagne b/e with 16v head is better)

i must have explained what i was thinking pretty bad lol

nah, the better performance is willy/megane bottom end + willy/megane head** OR straight standard williams lump

a common way alot of people do it is willy/megane bottom end + 16v head, but performance is worse due to the valves being smaller, and the 16v cams are different than williams items. They do this because williams heads are more expensive and harder to find**(with regards to megane head you cant run a megane head because the coilpack or fuel setup is different apparently, possible if you're running standalone though)

That overfueling is down to more than just different valve size, got to be a sensor up the swannie. I'd change coolant temp sensor and Lambda

had a problem with the lambada in the past, then it settled down once it had been cleaned (was told to try cleaning, not sure if you're meant to?)

where is the coolant temp sensor?

320d
Gutted for you jord but atleast you know whats up with it.

Think of it this way. You where loving the 2.0 thinking it was running 160bhp. Now you've found out its only running 130bhp when its mapped properly it will be like getting a 30bhp remap and you'll be loving it all over again.

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
cant see that using a valver head would make if overfuel much at all,cant see the point in putting management on it when the standard ecu can be mapped just aswell

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
i must have explained what i was thinking pretty bad lol

nah, the better performance is willy/megane bottom end + willy/megane head** OR straight standard williams lump

a common way alot of people do it is willy/megane bottom end + 16v head, but performance is worse due to the valves being smaller, and the 16v cams are different than williams items. They do this because williams heads are more expensive and harder to find**(with regards to megane head you cant run a megane head because the coilpack or fuel setup is different apparently, possible if you're running standalone though)

Got it mate lol. So what about putting a williams head on a valver? With a remap would this make much odds?

Skoda Fabia vRS
had a problem with the lambada in the past, then it settled down once it had been cleaned (was told to try cleaning, not sure if you're meant to?)

not supposed to clean em really mate, the CTS is on the side of the head, n/s, has a white connector

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
wounded, how come u never came the actual rr day man? i clocked 277bhp as the damn thing kept climbing the rollers, lol

cant see that using a valver head would make if overfuel much at all,cant see the point in putting management on it when the standard ecu can be mapped just aswell

the future plan is heavy engine modification......so standalone is eventually going to be considered

wounded, how come u never came the actual rr day man? i clocked 277bhp as the damn thing kept climbing the rollers, lol

thought it was on the sunday....doh!

not supposed to clean em really mate, the CTS is on the side of the head, n/s, has a white connector

ah well god knows then.....could be anything, the amount of dodgy stuff ive found on this block as ive been going along is unreal, to have been built by a reputable tuner aswell.....oh well.

and yeah, i could have the ecu im running now mapped, and get good results.......but its either circa £350 for a map, or just over half of that cost for a williams head and bits i need....and it should run as it should, on the williams ecu.........which i was told was chipped, but dosent seem to be the case when i opened it, unless it was flashed.

I may aswell replace the lambada sensor too at the same time, for piece of mind at least.... problem is though, if it still runs rich with a new sensor, itl just get coked up again, meaning another sensor wasted?

Last edited:
  Skoda Fabia vRS
coolant temp sensor is about £15 mate IIRC, and we usually have em in stock, though only keep 1 of em so best to check first if your gonna make a journey

tbh if it isnt faulty, it will be some day lol, worth changing to cancel it out, as its one of those sensors that everyone will say could be at fault when you have a problem, because its a common culprit !

cool

ive just been back to the valver engine to get some parts off it to test...

map sensor....coolant temp sensor....also got a spare lamba sensor....will see what happens shortly

i tried the valver ECU today, ran pretty much the same, smelt more of fuel though....god knows

i got the coolant temp sensor and map from the other block, but not tried them or the lambada sensor yet....trying to figure out the overheating issue first as its getting worse!

ITB'd MK1

I've known a lambda to die from just being unscrewed and put in a different downpipe, so you're best to get a new one if you've had issues before. CTS as said is near the thermostat.

ok....today i tried a lambda from a car that was all good, with a different map sensor and different coolant temp sensor...left battery off for a bit to reset ECU, then went out........no change at all....still really boggy at high revs, and stinks of fuel :(

Mk2 V6, MK1 Track Sl#g
if i can be any asistance to anyone please don't hesitate to ask, i'm only to glad to help

ITB'd MK1
ok....today i tried a lambda from a car that was all good, with a different map sensor and different coolant temp sensor...left battery off for a bit to reset ECU, then went out........no change at all....still really boggy at high revs, and stinks of fuel :(

wonder if the cambelt is out a tooth

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
Drove fine when I had it...but did run slightly high on the temp never enough to cause a problem though.
Although it was'nt as quick as my willy engined hybrids (13.9/14 sec sqm pace) it was still quick enough to stay with Chris (n'Nic's) tweaked cup under a ton. Hope you get things sorted ....so glad I've ditched reno's though now jdm reliablility ftw!

yeah.....it was fine at first, just gradually going downhill

did you not run it on a different ECU though martin?