ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HTC Sensation

Clio 172mk2
Think it's a better phone than the S2, although only thing it might be lacking is HDMI output, which is actually quite handy - e.g. Angry Birds on 50" plasma! :)

On a 24 month contract it shouldn't be too bad, and all the reviews and previews are raving about it.

there site does say it has hdmi though

Connectors2
3.5 mm stereo audio jack
micro-USB 2.0 (5-pin) port with mobile high-definition video link (MHL) for USB or HDMI connection

When connected to an MHL-enabled HDTV (the first ones are due for release later this year), the cable will simultaneously charge the device and output media. In other words, the TV will charge the phone while displaying its content.
•When connected to an HDTV without MHL, the cable will not charge the connected device unless an MHL-HDMI adapter is used.

Mito Sportiva 135
I'm not sure it is a "true" HDMI connection though, is it? Well as long as you can do that, that's a massive advantage! It is now the perfect phone! :)

Mito Sportiva 135
Sweet - good spot. Now if only the phone wasn't coming out over 6 weeks away, I'm ready for it now!

Clio 172mk2
is it really 6 weeks , been waiting since feb lol. i know voda is pre order so surely they have it soon , just hope o2 aint far behind or im jumping over

Mito Sportiva 135
Well Vodafone it's out this month...Orange in mid-June (still not on their website though annoyingly). Not too sure about O2 but I imagine mid-June too mate. It is annoying as usually I upgrade the first day I can!

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
when i get this, i know it's got a front camera is this used for video calling? my mate has a Desire could i use this function to both phones also to any other front facing camera mobile?

MG ZR+ 105
when i get this, i know it's got a front camera is this used for video calling? my mate has a Desire could i use this function to both phones also to any other front facing camera mobile?

If you're using the new version of Google Talk, then I think if the phone has a front-facing camera it defaults to this camera, if not then it uses the normal camera. I've tried video calling with GTalk on my Desire and it works well with the back camera, but not very ideal when I have to turn the phone around to be seen, lol. Also with GTalk the friend you're calling needs to have the new version of GTalk as well or video calling won't work, only audio.

Mito Sportiva 135
Still n confirmed release date on other networks for this yet...wish it would hurry up now! The Galaxy S2 is tempting me as I can't wait forever! :) Looked at a few more reviews for the Sensation now though and no real negatives have come out for it yet as far as I can see - but does anyone know what the battery is expected to be like?

Clio 172mk2
this is reply i got from o2

"I'm sorry to say that we are not taking pre-orders for this Make and Model. The release date of HTC Sensation with us is still not confirmed"

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh no info on Orange yet. It's like a car being set up for orders...until it's added onto the system then you phyiscally can't supply info or ordering data.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
If you're using the new version of Google Talk, then I think if the phone has a front-facing camera it defaults to this camera, if not then it uses the normal camera. I've tried video calling with GTalk on my Desire and it works well with the back camera, but not very ideal when I have to turn the phone around to be seen, lol. Also with GTalk the friend you're calling needs to have the new version of GTalk as well or video calling won't work, only audio.

Is Google Talk a App like? Just as long both phones have this, facing camera and both are Android you can Video Call?

I'm with T-Mobile, does or will the phone come out at the same time when it's released on Orange as there together sort of thing?

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh it should do mate...no official release dates yet except for Vodafone but should be in June mate.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
anyone bought one yet? im waiting until they manage to unlock the bootloader so i can have custom roms before taking the plunge

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i'm still waiting for it to come out on T-Mobile, then i'll get one

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
anyone with up to date info on when this is coming out on T-Mobile?

is it still possibly mid next month?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Just rang T-Mobile, they say round about the first week of July for the release date.

Megane 225 F1
Got one yesterday on my upgrade. Fantastic phone. Had the Google Nexus S before this which was an amazing phone and the Sensation is a better phone by far. Super quick and the display is so clear. The thing I love about it the most, customisation. The customising abilities that the Android phones have is why I switched from iPhone to Android and this has just gone from awesome to HOLY-FIGGING-s**t.

The lock screen is a brilliant idea and comes in very useful. Also makes it a bit fun :eek:

Battery life is very impressive as well. Charged it when I got it yesterday afternoon, was playing with it all last night (installing apps and messing with the looks of it) and listened to some music on it (using the speaker) late last night, played a few games, watched a few movie trailers and it is on around 60%. My Nexus would have died by then.

For those that were thinking about getting it, I suggest you should go get it now.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i'm still holding on for this phone since 3 months ago when my upgrade was available, just looked on T-Mobile's website the phone is on their "Phones coming Soon" section, when i rang them about a week or two ago it was ment to be released roughly first week of July, i rang them this morning my local branch nothing yet on it.

So looking forward to getting it, i'm hoping it's a free handset, is this the case?

Megane 225 F1
I did it on o2. Went in to upgrade to the GS2. They told me about a discussion they were having earlier on which phone was better, Sensation or GS2, and I said I'll try the Sensation to judge for myself. After around 20 mins of playing on both I decided the sensation was far better for me.

And it was free but it was 1 of those "Special offers" they talk about. Think it costs something normally but as it was upgrade I got it free :)

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Abit annoyed T-Mobile havnt got this phones yet and Vodaphone and 02 got this and who ever else. I'm only with T-Mobile cos my mate works for them and i'm on the friends and family 1/2 price line rental. i'm thinking is it worth it getting another contract with another network so i can get upgrades quicker or just stay with T-Mobile

Just seen vids on the GS2 and i don't like the way it looks, i'd rather stick to HTC as i'm quit happy with them

Clio 172mk2
ye thats same reason i went for sensation, i was originally with 02 for many years, just ended up leaving them, they refused to match vodafones 12 month contract cost and price of phone. At first was allot more if i just upgraded online. But after speaking to retentions they got it to 20-30 more for the year, but with still less extras voda where offfering!

Only thing i wish i could turn off is the lock screen much rather just have the standard android stock pattern lock

Revels Mum & Sister
I have the Nexus S and the other half just got the Sensation. As you have said hands down it is much better than the Nexus S. I hate going back to mine after a play LOL :(

I think the new Lock Screen is great!

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Just got off the phone to T-Mobile, they got a small batch in stock and there sending me out the Sensation for tomorrow, i'm buzzing

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
the phone has arrived this morning, im proper exited. I pre ordered some clear protective screen covers and i've tried 3 times to get it bubble free with nee luck. Anyone got any suggestions??. I've done it before on the Hero bubble free but the Sensation has a bigger screen.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
One more thing, are they any wallpaper sites for this phone 540x960 is the resolution. Wallpaper that covers the whole screen

Clio 172
I;ve had mine for a month or 2 now and it crashes all the time. Its a great phone but turns itself off for no reason

Clio
Just got mine today. Makes my iPhone look ancient! I've only got 1gb of data so think I'm gunna have to upgrade to unlimited to get the most out of the phones features.

One quick question- how do I delete apps?... I hold over the app and drag it to the remove tab but they don't delete, it works with widgets tho.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
you can delete apps you have downloaded.

press the menu-application-manage applications

Been on it now quit allot for 2 half days, just tinkering around on doing a 3rd charge first charge was in the red i think rest wernt

Have to say i'm very impressed with it

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
the phone has arrived this morning, im proper exited. I pre ordered some clear protective screen covers and i've tried 3 times to get it bubble free with nee luck. Anyone got any suggestions??. I've done it before on the Hero bubble free but the Sensation has a bigger screen.

Get Genuine HTC screen guards mate Real easy to fit bubble free .