ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HTC Sensation

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
looks unreal. had a hands on with galaxy s 2 today which was very good. felt plasticy though. this is same main specs with aluminium body. full of win

Mito Sportiva 135
Just read about and I heard May for Vodafone, June/July for T Mobile and Orange....not sure I want to wait that long!

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
does look good and got good spec, my phone is up for renewal next week was going for the Desire HD, but is it worth holding on for this, is it just the QHD that's on this phone that makes it apart?

I image it being Dual core it should be faster and more capable than the Desire when it comes to more complex apps etc.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
well worth the wait. bigger processor, better screen, front facing camera, new htc sense.......

just buy one pay as you go on vodafone, root it and use on any network

Prong

ClioSport Club Member
I was holding out for the Galaxy S2 but I might get this instead.

The GS2 is meant to have a decent battery life which is my main gripe with my current phone (Desire)

Any idea if the Sensation's battery life will be as good as the GS2?

I was holding out for the Galaxy S2 but I might get this instead.

The GS2 is meant to have a decent battery life which is my main gripe with my current phone (Desire)

Any idea if the Sensation's battery life will be as good as the GS2?

Have you rooted your Desire? My battery life increased loads when I did

Mito Sportiva 135
Think I'll wait for this phone - considering swapping to Vodafone from Orange to get it sooner. What sort of deals do they have for new customers though as I have a fairly decent one with Orange?

Clio RS 182
No-one else has so I will, how will this compare to the iPhone 5? my contract is up for renewal soon and dont know whether to go HTC or iPhone :/

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i've decided to go for the Sensation when it comes out and hold off the Desire HD even though i'm up for a renewal now

Mito Sportiva 135
I'm in the same boat mate. On the plus side you should get a better deal the longer you wait...

I was tempted by the SE Xperia Arc - good design but not dual processor. LG Optimus X2 and Galaxy S2 have cheap looking finishes. The Atrix is good but packed with features I won't use.

The Sensation has a bit of a fussy design on the back, but is the most premium. Now Orange are saying mid-June release but that's not that bad.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
So is Orange and T-Mobile bringing out the Sensation round the same time then? Mid June?

A few things starting to happen now, the battery is starting to go, dons't last as long now plus the YouTube app is bugging me can't watch any Videos as it says unable to play Videos and the browsing speed is starting to get to me.

Quit exited to be getting this like really can't wait

When i rang Cus Serv they said i can get it for free the DHD though, will the DHD and Sensations will be in the same price range?

Clio 172mk2
desire hd is old now so price will be getting reduced all time. price shud be to compete with samsung galxy s2

Mito Sportiva 135
Think it's a better phone than the S2, although only thing it might be lacking is HDMI output, which is actually quite handy - e.g. Angry Birds on 50" plasma! :)

On a 24 month contract it shouldn't be too bad, and all the reviews and previews are raving about it.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
The Sensation looks ace and finally a HTC that makes me want to carry it around but I wonder how the battery will last? Just a pet hate of mine with these devices as I still don't get why no-one, with the one possible exception that is RIM, puts any emphasis on a genuine battery life anymore. Its okay having an "Awesome" dual-core device but what's the point if it can only do say 3hrs away from from a USB connection with proper usage in mind?

I also love how everyone is jumping on the Samsung bandwagon and going after Apples "Premium" crown... even IBM/Lenovo have started using buzzwords like "Premium Design".

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh the new Galaxy S2 is an amazing piece of tech, yet for the sake of a few extra $ and grams they house it in a cheap looking / feeling case which is a real shame.

On the plus side though the S2 has a better battery life than the Sensation due to the Amoled screen (or at least projected to) - I know what you mean though it's really annoying having to charge at least every day, when I first got my HTC Hero I was charing every 6 hours!

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
The Sensation looks ace and finally a HTC that makes me want to carry it around but I wonder how the battery will last? Just a pet hate of mine with these devices as I still don't get why no-one, with the one possible exception that is RIM, puts any emphasis on a genuine battery life anymore. Its okay having an "Awesome" dual-core device but what's the point if it can only do say 3hrs away from from a USB connection with proper usage in mind?

I also love how everyone is jumping on the Samsung bandwagon and going after Apples "Premium" crown... even IBM/Lenovo have started using buzzwords like "Premium Design".

Thats because Shitberry's are under powered pieces of crap though... If my work one is anything to go by!
I'd much rather have a phone with some grunt even if it does need charging once a day. It's a fair trade off imo.