ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HTC phones

Go cry to your momma!
Don't get one with windows mobile, it's so out of date now.

I was using one until i saw the light and purchased an iphone 3g then 3gs on release.

I've not tried android but it looks good.

The handsets are always fairly well build, not up to apple standards though.
Although the battery life is usually better and they're more configurable out of the box.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
i have the hero, great phoine, a little slow at times. heard hd2 is the balls

Barge
Pop into a phone shop and have a mess on with it? I'm assuming they must have working models as they'll want to rival the iPhone.

It's the only way you'll know if you like it, all phones have negatives it just depends how you view that.

Some people have had trouble with the older HTC phones, newer ones are apparently very good, HD2, etc.

Better than yours. C*nt.
I've got an older HTC Touch Pro and it's just f**king ace compared to the HP iCack I posted about a few minutes ago. So much less clunky and plasticky.

They make a lot of the devices for other 'manufacturers' too - Sony Xperia X1 is one to note and they were gorgeous devices.

Ford Fiesta ST2
I've had HTC for years and they are really good phones. Never had to send one back and have been reliable for me. Windows can freeze sometimes, but just takes a reboot. Just waiting for the girlfriends HD2 to arrive today so will let you know what I think of that.

The Bus and MRT
Had a play on my mates HD2 and it's lovely. My Touch Diammond on the other hand is the worst phone I've ever owned... just looking for a better ROM for it now.

GTD, Lupo
i had a Diamond Touch and it was the biggest pile of crap ever. Screen was mega slow and always cracking. Stay AWAY its made by mircosoft so it will always lockup and crash. Seriously if you can get a iPhone get one as its what the rest are all trying to be.

Must have had about 7 of the things by the time i went to the iPhone.

Gorms

MY10 R35 GTR
i had a Diamond Touch and it was the biggest pile of crap ever. Screen was mega slow and always cracking. Stay AWAY its made by mircosoft so it will always lockup and crash. Seriously if you can get a iPhone get one as its what the rest are all trying to be.

Must have had about 7 of the things by the time i went to the iPhone.

Gorms

I HATE IPHONES lol

Go cry to your momma!
The new windows 6.5 (Windows phone) is very easy to use IMO.

Love the HTC HD2

It's still based on a very old platform though, the 6.5 update is similar to how HTC have covered it up with touch flo...if you go to change a ring tone, you are still presented with the old interface that hasn't changed much since 2003 SE

I echo everyone's opinion on the build quality and never having to return one.

If only they could do as apple do and release ROMs frequently and not branded to each operator.

BMW 320d M-Sport
I have the HD2 for work and it's very good. Not had it long so yet to get some more apps for it, but I'm happy. The large screen, email system and 5MP camera are very good too - recommend it!

My other half just got a HD2 and she loves it apart from the fact it "loses" messages. She sends to me and I dont recieve and I text hr and she doesn't recieve!! Also when I ring her can sometimes hear myself a millisecond later. Turning it off and on usually fixes this but believe there is an update on HTC website to fix this. Am considering 1 for my upgrade but may wait for a sony xperia x10.

Mito Sportiva 135
Got a Hero and love it. Only issue was that I had so many texts stored, it took ages to delete them (had to do a few at a time) - but I had about 2000 in there so quite a lot!

Really good though overall, will get another one next time my upgrade is due.

Ford Fiesta ST2
The HD2 arrived today. I had a quick messm about with it before the gf went out with it and I'm impressed. Really quick and the screen is fantastic. I would definetley have one over an Iphone.

Vodaphone were doing the HD2 but have stopped it as they are launching the Iphone i january. I'm guessing Apple have got scared by it and made vodaphone sign a contract stating they won't sell the HD2. I also think this is the case for orange. Orange have always sold HTC but are not going to be selling the HD2. The only reason I can come up with is Apple stopping them.

VX220
Got a Hero and love it. Only issue was that I had so many texts stored, it took ages to delete them (had to do a few at a time) - but I had about 2000 in there so quite a lot!

Really good though overall, will get another one next time my upgrade is due.

if you just hold down over the thread it gives you the option to delete all messages from that contact, unless you have 2000 friends?

The HD2 arrived today. I had a quick messm about with it before the gf went out with it and I'm impressed. Really quick and the screen is fantastic. I would definetley have one over an Iphone.

Vodaphone were doing the HD2 but have stopped it as they are launching the Iphone i january. I'm guessing Apple have got scared by it and made vodaphone sign a contract stating they won't sell the HD2. I also think this is the case for orange. Orange have always sold HTC but are not going to be selling the HD2. The only reason I can come up with is Apple stopping them.

Nothing to do with the iPhone at all the reason were not selling it anymore, its still available on a business contract, just not consumer.

MY10 R35 GTR
looking like Im just gona buy a simfree touch2. If I dont like it then I can just sell on.