ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HTC phones dropping calls?

Rav4
Hi,

We use many HTC's at work, I am finding that the TYTN II's keeps on bloody dropping calls when it switches between 2g and 3g,

Has anyone come accross this problem, if so found a solution?

Alternative would be to force it to 2G or 3G but :s

HTC have said there is no problems with the phone.

Thanks,

Gabi.

SLK 350
Think this is fairly usual, least it used to be on 3 network but maybe that was because they farmed out the 2G coverage to O2 at the time. Google UMTS switching.

Rav4
It's a real pain in the ass.

For home use is ok, but in a business environment, this is truly attrocious, specially for the directors, makes us IT people look like tits.

Anyway, have forwarded them some articles.

We are all on Vodafone, but now they want to have iphones, damn them, excellent phones through, obviously need to swap network :s but won't do that as we are tied in.

E71's look really nice and good if not excellent reviews.

Gabi.

Flash the ROM with a custom one, that will allow you to disable 3g manually in comm manager. Saves LOADS of battery life too. Then when you wanna use internet or data just enable 3g again.

What I do on my diamond. go to www.xda-developers.com for info on ROM's etc.