ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HTC One X problem - help please?

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Hoping someone on here can help me with this. My HTC has decided today that it is no longer going to notify me when I receive a text message! its rather annoying. It doesn't make a noise, doesn't vibrate, doesn't show as a text and the bottom & top of the screen when locked the only way to tell I have a text is to open the message section of my phone. I've restarted my phone and its still doing it :banghead:

Can anyone help me? have I got to do a factory reset? :mad:

Probably a daft question, but is there a setting in there that disables notifications on your One X? I have it on my S3 both under the main settings and the text message settings. Turn one off, phone goes silent.
One of my mates has a One X, I've just fired a message their way - I'll let you know once I've heard back. :)

I had this on my old HTC Desire HD before I upgraded to the One X. Try a hard reset first of all (Hold the power button until the touch buttons flash, and carry on holding it until it counts down for the reset, you wont lose anything)

In the end with my Desire, I had to take it back to the retailer and ended up getting a swap there and then. May be a HTC UI bug.

My mate is awful with her phone. Asking her about UI settings is like asking her how cold is the sun.
I'm seeing her tomorrow and I'll have a look over the phone to see if I can find anything, otherwise you may be resorting to a factory reset :(

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers guys, I've had a quick look through the notification settings, as far as I can see all is as it should be:
ebygu3y5.jpg

I've dropped an email into HTC Support so ill see what they say too but I'm feeling my only option is a factory reset :mad:

Probably won't work, but have you tried turning the notify option off, exiting the settings, then turning it back on? Sometimes sorts problems like this.

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
So I've called Orange, we tried a couple of things but non of them worked so now they're suggesting I do a reset. I'm trying to back up my phone as much as i can before doing the reset so that I can go back to pretty much the same. The woman at orange suggested that I removed my SD card before performing the reset however these don't have SD cards! Not removable ones anyway... What are my options here?

Usually a reset doesn't remove user data apart from text messages and contacts. Picutres etc should stay.

Best thing to be sure is to connect it up to a PC as mass storage, and copy everything off it as a backup.