ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HTC one mini 2 broken screen

Clio200 EDC Lux
Well it was bound to happen at some point managed to break my first screen, dropped it the weekend now the screen is fooked big time not working at all.

After having a look on the interweb it looks very difficult to change myself without killing the phone in the process, the cheapest I can get a screen fitted in for £90. Sort of thinking whether or not its worth repairing any suggestions or tips if I attempt this myself or shall I just bin it?

The screen for those seems hard to come by, only one I could find was over £60. If you're paying that you may as well pay the £90 and have someone do it for you. You may be able to get a cheaper one on ebay but they're usually not genuine and are shite.

You can buy the phone new / refurbed on ebay for £150, and mazuma the old one for £30. Still cheaper to get yours fixed, but its your choice really.

Clio200 EDC Lux
Decided not to bother with the reapir, is there anyway of wiping my phone via the usb lead? as if I sell it as broken I don't want my stuff on there.

BG 182
Does the screen work at all ? If so hard reset it but need to see the screen to see which part of the menu to use volume keys with

Clio200 EDC Lux
Just for info, I installed HTC Device manager on my new phone which allowed me to connect to the old phone and factory reset it.