ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hpi Check Alert

Was going to see a Trophy tommorow, did an HPI and this came up:

Mileages as recorded by the National Mileage Register
Date recordedRecorded byMileage readingTotal

20-Jan-2006 NMR 7,000 7,000
28-Jun-2006 NMR 15,000 15,000
27-Jan-2007 NMR 24,000 24,000
08-Feb-2007 NMR 12,000 12,000

Hes got it listed now as 29k miles. Very odd. It's an 55 plate Trophy.

Any ideas?

a thirsty one
where do they get the mileage figures from, the only time i know mileage is passed is during servicing and mot's.

its optional on the v5 when selling a car but that wouldnt tally with above. very strange.

mk4 golf gttdi180
thats never right check the history and all engine bolts etc for replacement engin check all engine/chassi numbers .
i wouldnt get to worried

Breaking A 172 Replica
On the clio it takes less than an hour to install new clocks (£30 of eBay). It could have gone to something like a DVLA reg transfer inspection and the mileage recorded that way...

If you are doing high miles in a car, especially like a trophy, it will limit the depreciation by effectively keeping the mileage the same.

Sam

This happened to my ex girlfriend. She was selling her Mk3 Golf GTI to some copper, naturally he did an HPI check and the car got flagged up with a mileage discrepency. According to HPI the car had a mileage of over 120,000 miles, when in fact the car, which was totally straight, all previous MOTs, owned by her brother before her, etc... had just over 64,000 miles on the clock.
She had to fax copies of all her previous MOTs (from what I recall) for HPI to amend their records. It pissed her off a bit as it nearly lost her the sale.

HPI can make mistakes.

Yer I think its genuine but what I have to think of is when I go to sell it the same thing is gonna happen. Gonna see If i can get the guy to fix it.