ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HPF problems, RCA related...suggestions?

Focus RS Mk1
Here's my issue:

I currently have a Pioneer 6000UB with two preouts, sub and front channels

I run a single set of RCA's to a graphic EQ (Eq allows one set of RCA's in & one out) then I run a split pair of RCA's to two amps, one amp controls my Comps, the other my Sub.

In a previous thread I talked about how i was using the sub pre out on the HU feed into the eq. The only problem with that is once the comps were hooked up they wouldnt play anything other than low bass frequencies due to setup on the headunit.

So ive now swapped to the left n right channel pre out instead of the sub pre out. this gives me full range on the whole system. great
smile.gif

Now my problem is that the front comps run too much bass. i switch on the HPF on the headunit and it cuts out pretty much everything from the sub as youd expect. So its either full range on the whole system (too much bass for the comps) or great sounding front end with no bass! not a great compromise really.

The amp for the subwoofer has a LPF on which is fine. the amp for the comps also has a LPF...yes a LPF not a HPF! so i think this amp is designed to be bridged for a sub rather than running two channels. So this is set to the OFF position allowing it to send full range to the comps. So what im bascially missing here is a HPF on the two channel amp.

I'd like to run both sub and comps from the Eq for ultimate SQ.

SO is there an inline HPF that i can add prior to the two channel amp?

Or

Shall i just let the Headunit controll the sub and let the eq control the comps. this means running a further set of RCA's. (no problem)

what are your opionions?

My gear is as follows:

Pioneer DEH P6000UB head unit

Pioneer GM-5300T amplifier (2ch)
Pioneer GM-7300M amplifier (mono)
Rainbow SLX230 5.25" components
Hertz Energy ES200.3 8" subwoofer
Crossfire 30.2 Graphic Equaliser

would be gratefull for some advice.

Ive done a little research and apparantly i can make my own HPF? i would have no idea on how to do this, or what id need, or what setting i would set it at, any info on this?