ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hp & tq values after modifications

Clio 172 Cup
added a ktech stealth exhuast, ktec decat and itg maxogen kit to my car this weekend. results obtained from my Gtec RR performance monitor.

gtech_17_06_07.jpg

Now reading:

BHP = 133.1 HP @ 6156 RPM (without mods was 122 BHP)
TORQUE = 125.4 ft-lbs @ 5129 RPM (without mods was 113.4 ft-lbs)

Unlike a rolling road the performance monitor also takes into account aerodynamic force, so I calculated this loss to be 9.8 BHP. Which gives 142.9 BHP at the wheels.

I asked Ktech/GDI (can't remember which!) what the losses where through the gearbox so I could calculate power at the flywheel, they told me approx 28%.

Therefore using the above figures my car is now producing 182.9 BHP at the flywheel. (give or take 1% due to the accuracy of the Gtech)

Just need to put the modified inlet manifold (gdi/angelworks) on next and then get the car remapped from ktec. So hopefully will get a little more by the end of the month!

Clio 172 Cup
yes, from my standard figures

122 (BHP) + 10 (BHP Loss due to aero drag at 60MPH) = 132 BHP at the wheels

therefore

132 (BHP) x 1.28 (gearbox losses) = 168.96 BHP at the flywheel (give or take 1%)

So figures should be near enough correct (i think)

Clio 172 Cup
Plus 140-144 ATW depends on which rolling road you are using as they are all different.

I will know the figures on ktechs rolling road soon (with a modified inlet manifold) so can compare.

My performance monitor may just be b**locks, but ktech's rolling road might be aswell!

I am know achieving 0-60 in 6.1 secs, which i know the performance monitor is very accurate at.

Clio 172 Cup
ok, well i asked KTEC/GDI and thats what they told me, im just going by their expertise.

you have to admit at the wheel figures are different at each rolling road, by how much i don't know!

Lionel Richie
yep hence why i always say you should use the same dyno before and after and only ever claim the power increase gained (and use the same dyno from then onwards), not "IT HAS 3000000bhp"

and even then they still can't be called "bollock on" accurate

air temp, air pressure, tyre pressure, wheel size etc all vary the result

Clio 172 Cup
i won't be able to do the 'before' now, so won't know what the gains are on rolling road.

i know what your saying though.

done the runs on my gtech before and after (as figures above) was about two hours in between, conditions where exactly the same, done on the same stretch of track as well.