ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to use Cruise Control??

Clio Sport 182
Hello

Sorry if this has been answered in another post but I tried searching without any luck.

I am a proud new owner of a 2005 Clio 182 and am unsure how to use the Cruise Control.

Unfortunatley, I have not been given a manual or handbook when i bought the car so am unable to check this route.

Need to know what all the buttons do on the steering wheel??

Thanks

Marc

Barge
There's a switch on the lower section of the dash to the right of the steering wheel. That turns both the speed limiter and cruise control on (orange limiter, green is cruise control). Once it's on set your speed by pressing + or - buttons. To cancel it press O or push the brake. To resume press R.

That's about it.

Clio Sport 182
There's a switch on the lower section of the dash to the right of the steering wheel. That turns both the speed limiter and cruise control on (orange limiter, green is cruise control). Once it's on set your speed by pressing + or - buttons. To cancel it press O or push the brake. To resume press R.

That's about it.

Thanks Needster, great help!!

Clio 182 Cup
Sorry this is a bit of an old thread! But I just bought a Clio with cruise and I'm doing all that your saying. Switch the switch so dash is green, pressing the + and R buttons but nothing seems to be working or doesn't seem to engage cruise! Or hold a speed just decelerates. Can you please PM to help! Thanks!

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Do you see "SET---" on the clocks when you put the cruise control rocker switch up?. R won't do anything until there is a speed set using + or -

It also won't work if it detects brake or clutch switch engaged or as said below 30kmh

Many.
Do you see "SET---" on the clocks when you put the cruise control rocker switch up?. R won't do anything until there is a speed set using + or -

It also won't work if it detects brake or clutch switch engaged or as said below 30kmh

With nothing shown on the dash R will hold the speed you're doing. Same as pushing + or -.

Check brake light and clutch switches, also check brake light bulbs.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Woops...don't remember mine doing that! I'll have to take it for a drive on the axle stands.

So just to confirm, if set is enabled using the dash switch, simply pressing R should hold the current speed and it will trip off when the brake or clutch are used?

Thanks

Clio 182/Vx220 turbo
So just to confirm, if set is enabled using the dash switch, simply pressing R should hold the current speed and it will trip off when the brake or clutch are used?

Thanks

I personally dab the clutch slightly to cancel mine (unless I a needing to brake immediately) then coast to slow down