ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how to tell if i have cup suspension??

Trafic 140dci
before anyone says do a search i have...

i've got a 182 and basically my car has got anthracite alloys, but it doesnt have a cup spoiler or splitter, whats the chances its got the cup suspension? or how can i find out.. im not very mechanically minded tho lol

thanks

lewis

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Only real way is to whip off a wheel and check the suspension to hub mounting points. Should measure 60mm between the bolts. If it its 54mm, its not cup packed.

Trafic 140dci
Only real way is to whip off a wheel and check the suspension to hub mounting points. Should measure 60mm between the bolts. If it its 54mm, its not cup packed.

ok ill have a look once the snow clears a bit, although im not sure where im looking lol

the other thing is, on a 182 are they all et45 offset or is it just the cup packed ones? and std ones being et38?

Clio 200 Black and White
There were two packs available for the 182 - the Cup Chassis pack and the Aero pack.

The Aero pack gives you the front spliter and rear spoiler, the Cup Chassis gives you the suspension upgrades.

So, if you have anthracite rims you probably have the cup chassis but you don't have the spoiler and spliter because you don't have the aero pack.

But as Kev says only way to know for sure is to check the hub size.

Trafic 140dci
There were two packs available for the 182 - the Cup Chassis pack and the Aero pack.

The Aero pack gives you the front spliter and rear spoiler, the Cup Chassis gives you the suspension upgrades.

So, if you have anthracite rims you probably have the cup chassis but you don't have the spoiler and spliter because you don't have the aero pack.

But as Kev says only way to know for sure is to check the hub size.

ah right someone else told me that, but i've looked on a couple of threads on here and they seem to lead me to believe you either got both cup packs or none or a just a cup

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
No you can have a spoiler pack (bigger boot spoiler with red brake light, lower front bumper splitter) and then the suspension pack.

Here's where you measure (you'll see with the wheel off)

23062007051.jpg

Also lead to believe 182's all have the same offset alloys :)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
If your car has Anthracite wheels, it'll have the Cup suspension.

Unless they've been refurbished.

Check the spacing, but I'd be surprised if it hasn't.

Trafic 140dci
No you can have a spoiler pack (bigger boot spoiler with red brake light, lower front bumper splitter) and then the suspension pack.

Here's where you measure (you'll see with the wheel off)

23062007051.jpg

oh right excellent so i might have a chance of having the suspension then, yeah i saw that picture on another thread but it didn't say what the size would be if its std suspension

Megane 230 F1
Just email RUK Customer services - I sent them my VIN and Reg and they emailed me back a few days later with the answer.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
If your car has Anthracite wheels, it'll have the Cup suspension.

Unless they've been refurbished.

Check the spacing, but I'd be surprised if it hasn't.

Indeed, but sooooo easy for some pikey kev to throw on some Cupped anthicite alloys for the effect

Trafic 140dci
Indeed, but sooooo easy for some pikey kev to throw on some Cupped anthicite alloys for the effect

thats what i was thinking someone had done, well fingers crossed for when i look

does anyone know about the offset? is it et45 on just the cup/cup pack 182 or is it all 182's??

Clio 197
All 182s have the same ET45 AFAIK.

It was only on the original CUP where they changed the ET to get wider track.

Cupped 182s have different hubs etc giving them wider track than non-cupped 182s.