ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to tell DCi 80 from DCi 100? "i" colour?

I've noticed that the "i" on the DCi badge on the 80 is blue, what colour is the 100? is it different?

Thanks for the replies.

I test drove an alleged DCi 100 yesterday advertised on Autotrader as a DCI 100 Dynamique, it looked nice but it didn't feel paticularly quick and felt exactly the same as the DCi 80 I test drove on the Saturday. Turns out it was an 80 then!!! as it had just a blue "i" and also confirmed with RAC data check on the reg.

Is the DCi 100 5 speed?

What kind of power/torque is gained with a "chipped" DCi 80? it dosen't have to be mega fast just swift like a good TD engine should, but that 80 felt too slow to me. I imagine (not yet test drove the 100) that the Dci 100 should feel quite quick with 100bhp/148lb.ft with a 1000kg kerbweight, particularly as peak torque is at 2000rpm it should in theory pull better low down in gear than a 182? having the same peak torque but at less than half the revs.

Thanks for the replies.

I test drove an alleged DCi 100 yesterday advertised on Autotrader as a DCI 100 Dynamique, it looked nice but it didn't feel paticularly quick and felt exactly the same as the DCi 80 I test drove on the Saturday. Turns out it was an 80 then!!! as it had just a blue "i" and also confirmed with RAC data check on the reg.

Is the DCi 100 5 speed?

What kind of power/torque is gained with a "chipped" DCi 80? it dosen't have to be mega fast just swift like a good TD engine should, but that 80 felt too slow to me. I imagine (not yet test drove the 100) that the Dci 100 should feel quite quick with 100bhp/148lb.ft with a 1000kg kerbweight, particularly as peak torque is at 2000rpm it should in theory pull better low down in gear than a 182? having the same peak torque but at less than half the revs.

they are both 5speeds
thats the thing the badge is easy to change remap an 80 your never know :dapprove:

Thanks for the replies.

Is the DCi 100 5 speed?

they are both 5speeds
thats the thing the badge is easy to change remap an 80 your never know :dapprove:

Actually that was my other question!!! hehe How do you spot the difference under the bonnet? as the 100 as a different gearbox and turbo, does anyone know it is easy to identify?

320d
100 has rear disks, also i believe the gearstick looks like the 1 from the megan, you need to look on ebay at 100's so you will reconise one, also the logbook should tell you as the c02 emmisions will be different between the two and this is stated on the logbook so you look for the c02 output for the 100 then check the logbook then you know

Is the DCi 100 5 speed?

5 speed but reverse is down by 5th rarther than next to 1st like the JC1, 3 and 5's used in the rest of the clios.

and 80 will get about 110hp with a remap and 170lb opr torque depends who is mapping and how far they push it.

Gear ratios are different though but there not that slow at all.

80 will see circa 110bhp with larger intake and remap
No ned for different intake.
Actually that was my other question!!! hehe How do you spot the difference under the bonnet? as the 100 as a different gearbox and turbo, does anyone know it is easy to identify?
Best way to tell is the 100 has a smaller slim front mounted intake the 80 has a full size one.

The 100 has quite a few different bits but intercooler is the easy way.

100 has rear disks, also i believe the gearstick looks like the 1 from the megan, you need to look on ebay at 100's so you will reconise one, also the logbook should tell you as the c02 emmisions will be different between the two and this is stated on the logbook so you look for the c02 output for the 100 then check the logbook then you know

Some 80's are rear disks as well.

Your right the gearbox has reverse in a differnt location (down where 6th would be ) rarther than were the normal up by 1st.

i thought the dci100 was a 6 speeder and had a laguna box?

Nope your sort of right the 100 has a laguna derivative gearbox but its the 106 which has the 6 speed box.