ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to secure new stereo ?

3000GT & RB 182
So i've got my new head unit fitted and working but it's not secure, it move forward a little bit when you drive, and you can just push it back in.

It came with this little piece of metal with holes in it, but not sure where that goes ?

IMAG0184.gif

IMAG0187.jpg

IMAG0214.gif

IMAG0219.gif

Can i secure it with that little strip, or do i need something else to hold in it place properly ?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
The cage should hold it in place.

Make sure there isn't any trapped wires behind it.
It should just push back and click into place.

A shiny black one.
Doesn't look like you've bent any of the metal prongs to hold the metal sleeve/cage in place. Judging by the pics anyway.

A shiny black one.
I have indeed not bend anything, i assume i was suppost to ? Do they just pull outwards ?

Take the sleeve off the stereo, put it into the cavity, bend the prongs on the bottom downwards, top ones upwards and the side ones outwards until the sleeve is secure, then pull all the cables through re install the heAd unit.

Clio 182
My 2 cents- most motorised units I have fitted use small screws to hold stereo in cage rather than lugs at the side. So you may need a small (precision) screwdriver to remove cage from unit- will be behind rectangular plastic trim on front

Clio 182 - RB
I've had this problem installing different head units in to Clios, right ball ache IMO.. Just make sure no wires are trapped behind the head unit.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
My 2 cents- most motorised units I have fitted use small screws to hold stereo in cage rather than lugs at the side. So you may need a small (precision) screwdriver to remove cage from unit- will be behind rectangular plastic trim on front

The one I've got definitely doesn't though.

Clio 3 extreme
The only thing I found with after market head units is that some clios need an antenna booster because fm signal seems to be weak