ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to Secure a Sub

182 BG
Heyy guys,

Really as the title says, I've picked up a used sub + amp from a friend thats in need of a little TLC - BARGIN! I'm just thinking though, whats the best way to anchor it into the boot? I want to be able to easily (ish) remove it, so I can use my full boot space if needed... Wiring isnt a problem for that, already figured it out... Oh, I have a Clio MK1 if it helps...

Cheers
MCTW

Monaco 172
Mine came with a few velcro strips that you stick onto the bottom. hasnt ever moved and then when you want just pull it out lol simple ;)

182 BG
I've seen a few pages that recommend heavy duty velcro too... Out of interest, did you stick the velcro to the carpet? Or to the metal underneath and cut the carpet out...

106 Quicky
If you're not bothered about what the boot looks like inside use a bungee rope lol mine hasn't moved yet ;)

"Navy" N17 TWO
Yeah velcro is a brilliant idea :slap:

Get it bolted down! Or just don't ever brake suddenly or drive in front of anyone you suspect might rear-end your car and force the sub towards the windscreen.

Seriously though, heavy duty or not. Think of the weight of even a small sub + the force of an accident :dead:

e92 330i
Mine jumps around over speed bumps! Never been bolted down!

This has no relevance to your question.