ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to remove Clio 172 gearbox

monaco 172
Bumper off
Drain box oil, Remove driveshafts, disconnect steering rack, drop subframe, remove upper and lower gearbox mount, jack up engine, undo all the bolts holding the box on and off she comes.

Or

Remove everything in sight to the right of the engine, leave subframe on and lift the box out from the top. I found this way easier than trying to remove the subframe bolts which will spin and cause you a nightmare, but you do need to shift a lot of stuff.

ECU, throttle body, coolant bottle and hoses etc. Anything which is in the way needs shifting

monaco 172
I didn't find it too bad on the drive to be honest, the worse part for me was trying to get the subframe off as the cages holding the captive nuts on snapped straight off and there was that much crap in there I couldnt get a socket or spanner on so I just ended up stripping the bay and taking it out the top.