ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to remove a number plate

Clio V6 255 (Acid Yellow)

I have just bought private plates for my V6.

I had assumed that removing the current number plate fixings would just require a screw driver but it seems more difficult that that. The bolts used are a type that Ive never seen before and they seem to spin indefinately without undoing.

Any ideas?

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by 16vClio on 27 August 2005

Is it maybe a Hex screw mate?
lol come on, everyones seen a hex head before!

hmmm 3 sides?! not a torx then, sounds like a cheap ass ikea style tool. can you fit any screwdrivers into and get some purchase?

Renault Laguna Coupe

Dont use the same fixing for your new plates. Get some of those sticky pads that they use on new cars nowadays - no holes in your nice new plates.

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

I had to drill out the fixings for my standard plates, but as mike said sticking the new plates on is definately the way to go cos it looks so much better.

Clio V6 255 (Acid Yellow)

Cheers for the help guys.

I ended up driving to Newbury Renault (5 mins away) and asked if they could help. They took the car away, removed the plates, fitted the new ones and then charged me nothing. EXCELLENT.

My car now reads V6 YEP