ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to open Renault Key Fobs.. SIMPLES!

2002 Clio Expression
A constant post on this forum I have noticed is key fobs, no you don't need to be the hulk to open it, just brains!

Instead of mullering your key fob I have made a real simple video showing how to open it, I won't take all the glory to this as I followed what MarcoB's reply to someone in urgent need of opening their key fob... It is a clever simple way of opening without boshing it!

A text description is included on the video in the description box.

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T74vGyELu2I

renault clio
Hiya mate, once youve changed the battery and put the key back together whats the best way to re code it so it works? I have a clio expression 1.5 diesel on an 02 plate, its the same key as in your video.

Kind regards Martin

Gesture_raised_fist_with_middle_finger_lifted.jpg

A constant post on this forum I have noticed is key fobs, no you don't need to be the hulk to open it, just brains!

Instead of mullering your key fob I have made a real simple video showing how to open it, I won't take all the glory to this as I followed what MarcoB's reply to someone in urgent need of opening their key fob... It is a clever simple way of opening without boshing it!

A text description is included on the video in the description box.

Enjoy

Sorry in advance for reviving an old thread..

Changed my key fob battery today using the method in the youtube clip & it worked a treat. Mine was seriously stuck & I definately would have boshed it using brute force.. Very handy tip!

Also just for the record, there's loads of b*llox on the web saying the Clio II ph2 key fob uses a CR 2025 coin battery.. In other words 20mm diameter, 2.5mm thick.

The correct battery is a CR 1220 (12mm dia, 2.0mm thick). Or Duracell DL 1220 (same thing just different prefix letters). Both are 3v lithium..

I think the ph1 might use a 3v CR 2032 or 2x 1.5v CR 2016's stacked on top of each other (same thing).

Last edited: