ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to install the Renault dialogue software/ sort out problems.

Last time I posted this there was an issue I'm not sure why n oone has ever explain fully why. I think it was just a safety thing.
Therefore I will include this legal warning.

The written words and pictures shown below are how to install a Renault dilogues. This piece of software is copyright of Renault LTD and so as such this guide is only for use by Renault dealers who may be ghaving problems installing this software.
Anyone who is not a Renault delaership nomintaed user who is using this guide as a source of information on how to install the software should be aware that it is illegal to own this software or sell or trade this and is in viloation of the legal copyright ownership of the software.
When I find the screen dump photes and guide on how to use it I'll print a full guide until then I've posted the writted word here.

Assuming you have the CD's then follow this guide if your downloading the files then see the bottom of the guide for what to do to make the CD's up.

1) Go to ad remove programs and if you have either Adobe Acrobat Reader, Java Runtime or QuickTime remove them. Restart if necessary to compete removal of the programs.

2) Put CD 1 into the machine and browse to D:\languages\installers\ (where D is your CD drive) and run

3) Acrobat Reader Run the ar40eng.exe file

4) Java Runtime Run the j2re-131.exe file

5) QuickTime Run the QuickTimeInstaller.exe file. Follow the instructions until you get to the "choose an installation type" window, you MUST select "custom" then "select all" - continue to install. If it comes up that you have a newer version already installed you must remove that program first, but you should have removed them earlier. (You can always reload the newer version again free from their website I believe but I haven't bothered)

6) Restart your computer

7) Insert dialogys disc 1 and run the file "InstallPC.exe" file and follow the instructions. The installed file is ~2.1 Gig so make sure you have enough free space.

6 Insert dialogys disc 2 when told to.

7) Restart the PC if requested to.

8) If when you install it you cannot find any dialogys link on the desktop or it doesn't work then search for a file called
"dialogys.bat" in the directory you installed the dialogys to. Make a shortcut to this program and leave it on the desktop and run that instead.

How to use the Dialogys.

If you have it installed then when you run the Dialogys.MPF file it should start up. The first screen you should see should look like this.

((((((((((((((((First picture)))))))))))))))))))

Into here you need to install the oval details for your car. The oval plate for MK1 Clio is found on the front suspension strut under the bonnet. For the newer Clio i.e. Mk2 then its located lower down on the drivers door pillar. To understand what it means have a look at the picture below.

(((((((((((((((oval plate picture)))))))))))))))))

Unfortunately unless you can guess getting details on other cars can be difficult. I have this list of codes if there any use

CB1N 172 Cup Also known as the Sport Lightweight Clio

CB0M 172

CB05 Extreme/Dynamic 1.2 16V

CB07 Extreme/Dynamic 1.5 65hp

CB08 Extreme/Dynamic 1.5 80hp

CB0P (Dynamic) 1.4 16V

CB1D (Dynamic) 1.6 16V

CB1A is the Mk 1 V6 Code

CB1H seems to be the Mk2 V6 details

CB22 is the 182 Code I believe but the dialogys don't contain 182 details

Most Clio's are of a spec /5 (its a code showing a high spec).

Then you can click on the icons and it will give you the parts description for you car.

The PR bit takes you to a parts list for your car so if you wanted to buy a new splitter say then there are three ways to do it.

A) Enter into the box the words splitter then search, have a look though the results for the part and double click it (it works on a tree diagram sort of idea)

B) Highlight the appropriate bit i.e. bodywork, then click drawing and search by going though the parts.

C) Go though the tree diagram type search for parts. See picture below

((((((((((((((?????????????)))))))))))))))))

Once the part screen has loaded up click on the part you want to look at and this screen shown below will appear.

((((((((((((((part screen)))))))))))))))))

From here click the number of the part you want to look at i.e. click on the number 9 to see the parts code and price of the part (ex vat) for the part. Don't forget though that there can be multiple images (have a loom at what I've circled in red as if what you see isn't on the first sheet it will probably be on the other ones. This price list isn't up to date as the copy of the dialogys used at the moment is about a year out of date (02/09/2004) but the codes will be the same so you can ring Renault and quote the part number for an accurate price.

The button labelled (((((((RM))))))))) is a repair manual it contains details on how to remove bits from the car correctly and how to replace parts damaged during a crash etc.

The (((((((((NT))))))))) is a part of the dialogys which contains technical notes on the Clio.

Assuming you have downloaded the file from the net and want to burn the CD's off

Stick the downloaded files into separate directories for each CD, each directory should have 1 x bin file and 1 x cue file.

If your using burning the CDs with CDRWin.

Download CDRWin here (((((((http://www.goldenhawk.com/))))))

You should have one .bin and one .cue-file.

stevo123 said:
Where can i get this software from edde?
As I said its illegeal to have a copy 9unless your a Renault dealership). Some people on ebay etc sell copies but ebay do sometimes find them and ban the person from selling them.

STI JDM
why would they make this illegal? This piece of software sounds great for people trying to find out part # for their cars! they should make it compulsory to supply the software to renault owners :)

JonJon said:
why would they make this illegal? This piece of software sounds great for people trying to find out part # for their cars! they should make it compulsory to supply the software to renault owners :)
Renault dealers can supply you with part number (suppidly" some dealer let the side down though.
The software goes further than just part numbers though.

I et this error screen when installng:

FatalException 2 / 30 : dialogys.installation.MyFatalInstallException: java.io.IOException: Data error (cyclic redundancy check)
at dialogys.installation.ActionAttendreCopie.doInstall(ActionAttendreCopie.java:47)
at dialogys.installation.DialogysCustomCodeAction.install(DialogysCustomCodeAction.java:71)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.actions.CustomAction.installSelf(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.Action.install(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.Action.install(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.GhostDirectory.install(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.Installer.install(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.actions.InstallProgressAction.g(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.actions.ProgressPanelAction$1.run(Unknown Source)

Thats installing Disc 2, and i get the same errors if i do minimal installation

RenaultSport clio v6
I have a copy of this, cant use it though - it wouldnt work when i first got it so i deleted acrobat reader, Java runtime and quicktime and installed the versions that came with the disc. It worked fine, but then Itunes wouldnt work as it needed a newer version of quicktime :mad:

updated quicktime - Itunes works, Renault dialogy software no longer works :mad: its installed fine, I can open it but i just get a blank white screen. I dont get why it works with an earlier verison of quicktime, but not the latest.

Maybe i have an older version of the software - is there any way i can find out which version i have?

Sorry for the slow reply didn't see any new messages.

Danlp6 - I get that error now its probably down to the hard drive being formatted in 32 or whatever bit if it doesn't work it just won't work some PCS' are just like this.

TomV6 - There only one version people selll on EBay as as said above someitmes it works on a PC somtimes it just won't it. Its a stupid system if you arn't installing it on a MAC as the systems should be. renault dealers now all use Macs realy for this software.

mk1 Ph2 Clio 16v turbo
I've got the mac version and it all works exept for the pictures and part numbers. Trying to figure out what I need. Running OSX but jumps into classic to run dialogys

1.6 16v clio priv
If anyone is having a problem installing, or other things not working when using the older versions of Acrobat, quicktime or java.
Download a program called microsoft virtual PC
You can basically setup a virtual pc on your normal PC, install windows on that and then set that virtual pc up for renault dialogue.

Mk2 Ph1 1.2
What can you actually do with the programme

Ive just bought the programme so should be receiveing it within the next few days. is it worht having

2001/51 SPORT 172(LEEDS)
mine wos a bit of a nightmare to get working but managed it in the end but now i dont now how to look for a 2001 rs 172 newer shape dohh

daveclio172 said:
Are these worth buying?

Dave
It depends what you want to know most of the information you want people will tel you on the forum if your interested in the car parts etc (its a bit techie) then its great otherwise its a bit undepth its not meant for easy use.

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
Ok cheers edde.
I was a car tech for 15+yrs although been out of it for 8yrs now so shoudnt be too indepth for me lol. I think il get 1.

Dave

Trophy #267
excuse my question, but im assuming you mean in \program files\java\j2rexxx\bin where the other dll's are located ?
currently having a hair pulling session with this sw, not helped with a major dislike to quicktime

Trophy #267
ignore, sorted eventually (was running normal desktop icon instead of batch file in program files/dialogys)

Trophy #267
slight footnote:

can be ran with newer verion of jave runtime but does not like acrobat 7 (will not display articles without acrobat 4 from the install cd)

Joe@ShedMotorsport said:
Does this program have all the wiring diagrams in it? Also, what year of manufacture does it go up to?
The version on ebay goes upto about 2002 it ha the Cup and phase 2 V6 Clio but not the 182.
It gives some pin outs for the the ECu and radio but not much. There a seperate CD of wiring diagrams but ther've nver been as far as i know on ebay and those that own them get them from unusal ssources so don't share much incase the original person who relaised it is found out.

Joe@ShedMotorsport said:
thats a bummer, i could do with a 182 wiring diagram

I'll ask nicely at the local dealership
Stealing is about the only way you'll get one from a dealership.

Thje 172 wiring diagram is the same as far as I know. The 182 just has a third generation imobiliser on the ECU.

Renault Clio 182FF + Cup
Those 4 digit codes look very familiar. If your looking for the one for your car try looking on the details on the side of the car when you open the drivers side door.

Trophy #267
oooh update methinks :p
Shall be checking this tomorrow

BWCDS poste Renault Dialogys 2006 (4cd) - Dialogys 2006 CD3.000 (1/60)
collection size: 855.3 MB, parts available: 1946 / 1946
- 33 other files

RSC 182 Cup
Hi all. I've found the Dialogys and successfully installed them, but when I try accessing the RM section I continually get "There is no disk in the drive. Please in a CD in the drive." I try cancelling that (after trying all 4 CD's) and it comes up with " Please insert the dialogys "Dialogys 2" in an available drive."

I can't work out what's wrong- no matter which of the 4 CD's are in the drive it won't continue. :(