ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to get sky working?

iceberg phase 2 172
Hi guys, Mrs just moved into a new house, there's a sky dish etc, I Brought my sky box and card down to use until she has her sky set up but it won't work, does a sky technician need to come out to do something with the dish etc or should it just work? The box and card are all working etc at my house

BG Clio 182 FF
I think it depends what package the previous people had.

Different LNB required for sky+.

If previous occupants had sky+ and so do you, you should be o.k.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I reckon it's not allined properly. We use uk sky boxes out here in Germany no issues.

Arctic 182
Sounds like an alignment issue mate. If it was getting a signal you would be getting something. Then again, I *think* if you have a sky plus box & try to use single cable as opposed to twin it wouldn't work. Could be wrong on that but like I said it's probably alignment.

iceberg phase 2 172
Just been out in the rain to check, the twin cable is there, the black single cable has been cut tho, do I need all the wires even to just get the basic channels?

Arctic 182
Just been out in the rain to check, the twin cable is there, the black single cable has been cut tho, do I need all the wires even to just get the basic channels?

Twin cable from the LNB to the back of the box? Which single cable is cut? If the box your brought from home is sky plus, I would assume 'basic' sky wouldn't work as it requires 2 inputs to work.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
single or twin it would still work. It will be that the dish just needs aligning.
Have a look at where all the other dishes are pointing that are close to your building and do a rough alignment job.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
single or twin it would still work. It will be that the dish just needs aligning.
Have a look at where all the other dishes are pointing that are close to your building and do a rough alignment job.

+1 Even with one cable cut , if the dish is aligned you'd get a picture on your tv . The 2nd cable is only so you can watch one tv channel while you record another .

Arctic 182
Fair play, thought I might be wrong. As Ad says check the other dishes & see if you can get any signal!