ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to fit K-Tech Upper Gearbox Mount on 182

E92 M3, BG 182
Just wondering if anyone has any instructions on how to change the upper gearbox mount on a 182? I've polybushed the dogbone mount and fitted a k-tech upper engine mount today but still have a k-tech upper gearbox mount to fit. I took the battery out early then hit a brick wall when I realised I had no idea what to do to change it
Thanks in advance,
Dave.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Gearbox mount can be seen under the battery tray. Support the gearbox with a jack and crack the middle nut off the mount. Then remove the two either side (be careful as the bolts will fall through unless you've got a hold of them).

If you can't remove the mount you may need to lower the gearbox support and give the bolt a snack with the hammer .

E92 M3, BG 182
Cant work out if I need to remove the whole battery tray to get at whats underneath it? There is a fairly large metal/rubber washer with the kit and I think this might go underneath the battery tray?

172 Ph1
Pics for your pleasure [emoji6]

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1459016975.815721.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1459017022.267570.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1459017051.903148.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1459017074.021533.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1459017104.090964.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1459017125.458980.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1459017149.210903.jpg

182 Trophy
Great photos @barnesautos!
So, just to clarify...the upper gearbox mount swap can be done by simply taking the battery out? Does the ECU bracket need removal too? Presumably the 'spider' needs to come out if you then want to get to the top nut on the lower gearbox mount beneath?

172 Ph1
I did remove the ECU bracket . Mine hasn't the tamperproof lock fitted so it was easy to remove the loom ECU connector. If yours is still fitted , you may just be able to push it to the side and remove the spider that way.

I'm presuming you don't need to remove the spider to actually fit the mount as others have said , but I just wanted to check everything was tight including the lower nut on the stud as I've seen them loosen over time . Just wanted to be sure it was spot on.
And also with mine , the long threaded bolt that was supplied with the mount was just a threaded bar , so I wanted the original Renault stud fitted as you can see in the pics.

Arctic 182
uploadfromtaptalk1459072964477.jpg

Sorry to take over this thread. Quick question whilst on topic; i fitted my mount the other day.

When i received the item it had a cable tie through the middle i assume to keep the parts in the correct order. I took this out and forgot which way round to put the attached washer.doh

One side is rubber, the other metal. I fitted the rubber side down and the metal side up. (I think).

Which way is correct? Or does it not matter?

172 Ph1
I think that piece goes metal side down the stud . Doesn't it stop half way down the stud then the mount on top.
I can see a chamfer on the metal side of that washer . That'll deff sit on the stud half way down and stop there.

Arctic 182
I think that piece goes metal side down the stud . Doesn't it stop half way down the stud then the mount on top.
Yes it does. It was placed over the spindle first and then the rest of the mount fits over the top.

Just worried that there may be premature wear to the mount if its the wrong way round.

But im reluctant to take it apart until i get a concrete answer... hopefully it doesnt matter and i can carry on with my life in peace and tranquility

172 Ph1
Can you remember what way you put it down the spindle . If you've put it wrong then the lowest washer will deff wear .
Have a look under the mount and see .

Arctic 182
Can you remember what way you put it down the spindle . If you've put it wrong then the lowest washer will deff wear .
Have a look under the mount and see .
Pretty sure it was rubber side down. So are you 100% sure its metal side down? If so i will painstakinly swap it back round.

Ta