ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how to fit an amp to OEM preout

Hi there,

has anyone had experience with fitting an amp to original headunit in sport mk2??

I would like to keep the speakers as they are, and conect an amp to a RCA preout!

it bothers me, cause the yellow mini iso conector that should be the RCA preout is taken by the display!

I want to fit an active woofer to the original sound system

hopefully it will sound fine

HELP

The standard head unit has no RCA pre-outs. Youll have to use the speaker channels with an amp that has high power inputs. You could just change the headunit for one with preouts and keep all four speakers.

I was told by renault dealer that the standard head unit has a RCA preout!

It would realy make a difference, because a JBL BTX250 is waiting in my garage.

Later I will consider changing everything, but have doubts about

- who would want to steal that ugly standard radio (no worries)!!!

- door panels in clio are far from isolated or similar so is there any point in fitting good powerfull speakers when they wont play!

- wanting something different involves tons of money and serious "surgeries" on a brand new car. dont think so

mate erm your wrong on all those points except the who would steal it one

replacing the speakers even on the standard unit makes a world of difference. it has no rcas on the headunit. im sure you would struggle to find any car that has well sealed speakers in the doors. dont have to spend much to get it to sound much better than standard