ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how to fit a turbo timer

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Haha just for the crack? My mate jus fited one to his glanza and i think its cool.plus
i
dont like turning engine off strate away even tho its not a turbo lol

From what ive learnt you are much better of just driving nicely and chilled for the last mile of you're journey, rather than letting it sit then idling.

Might be b****cks, but its what ive read, i had a water cooled and didnt bother though :)

172 turbo & BMW 1m
From what ive learnt you are much better of just driving nicely and chilled for the last mile of you're journey, rather than letting it sit then idling.

Might be b****cks, but its what ive read, i had a water cooled and didnt bother though :)

cheeper aswel lol

172 turbo & BMW 1m
Not as fun tho is it, my mate turns the keys as
soon as he stops, gets
out the car, locks it and the engine still runs for 4 mins lol i think its brilliant

is that not quite long for a timer i was gona set mine at 30 or 60 seconds or am i just wrong lol

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Yeh!!!

FLOL at 4 minutes just idling. If its water cooled, its not really needed, oil cooled i would say 30 seconds to 1 minute, 2 minutes MAX.

But 4, lol!

Lol il tell him the crack, he can change it easily enuff. Intresting how they work i was quite amazed by it lol

172 turbo & BMW 1m
Depends how cheap they are i suppose.

Yeh 4 minutes is waaaaay to long

i can get the greddy turbo timer for around 50 quid new of the bay

but if i cant fit it i will have to pay to get it fitted im not sure how much that will cost:S

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
i can get the greddy turbo timer for around 50 quid new of the bay

but if i cant fit it i will have to pay to get it fitted im not sure how much that will cost:S

my mate said it was reli easy, had to solder a wire though. I would t have a clue myself

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Mines set at 20 seconds, although as Ben said its not really needed just stay off boost for the last half a mile or so and its all good.

ph1 black 172
also depends on your alarm system. some alarms wont allow the turbo timer to run due to the immobilizer coming on.

i had a mate how had a scooby and a toad Ai606 cat 1. he had to run the timer then go back and lock the car.

he soon got rid of it...

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Jay it should be both oil and water cooled, if it's a conversion ktec done with out water cooling then I recomend that you plumb some cooling in. Garrett don't fit them with water jackets for a laugh.

I have a turbo timer that runs for 30 seconds when I switch the engine off, however the way that the renault RAID system works means you can't actually lock the doors untill the engine stops.

172 turbo & BMW 1m
Jay it should be both oil and water cooled, if it's a conversion ktec done with out water cooling then I recomend that you plumb some cooling in. Garrett don't fit them with water jackets for a laugh.

I have a turbo timer that runs for 30 seconds when I switch the engine off, however the way that the renault RAID system works means you can't actually lock the doors untill the engine stops.

is their a way round that system?i would be aswel as siting in the car for 30 secs rather than buy a turbo timer then have to wait and lock the doors lol

Not a Clio
Get yourself down to a decent autoelectric shop and they should sort you out, my brother's 350bhp evo 6 used to run for 5 minutes after a hard rag, if not more, the turbo would be glowing very bright.

A good timer will monitor the way you drive and set a time depending on that. i.e a quick drive around the block and it will turn it off pretty much instantly.

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
They really are simple to fit, it's the fact you can't lock your doors untill the engine switches it's self off.

I always enjoy the looks I get at petrol stations when I jump out and start filling up, then as people are shaking their heads at me for leaving the engine running it swithces it's self off lol, they just stand there looking puzzled.

However plumbing in water cooling will prolong your turbo life more than leaving it to cool down at the end of each run.

ph1 black 172
They really are simple to fit, it's the fact you can't lock your doors untill the engine switches it's self off.

I always enjoy the looks I get at petrol stations when I jump out and start filling up, then as people are shaking their heads at me for leaving the engine running it swithces it's self off lol, they just stand there looking puzzled.

However plumbing in water cooling will prolong your turbo life more than leaving it to cool down at the end of each run.

no offense but having it running while filling with fuel is an accident waiting to happen.

just stupid!!!

ph1 black 172
Not really... same with the mobile phone bull s**t

really!!!

taken for the www.

"I had a few things to comment on about the "fact or fiction cell phone myth". There is a industry standard that our Government regulates the electronics used in gas pumps, and anything dealing with explosive chemicals. The reasoning for this is the ESD (Electrostatic discharge). Gas pumps have specialized equipment in them to dissipate the static. As a matter of fact, any equipment involved in the manufacturing, shipping, or selling of chemicals, or petroleum's has to b equipped with the protective circuits. All electronic devices emit ESD, regardless of the power output, However, cell phones are not equipped with this feature. That is why the owners manual for every cell phone carrier warns you not to use it at a gas pump, so they are not liable when someone blows themselves up.

p.s. sorry for changing thread

OMGZORZ!!!!!111!!1!1!!!!!!
We only owned a petrol station in our family for 30 years :S
There is no guidelines, you wouldnt believe how laid back the fire officers are. You notice it says gas everywhere. Thats because its american.

Last edited:
  Mustang, S13, AX GT
Get yourself down to a decent autoelectric shop and they should sort you out, my brother's 350bhp evo 6 used to run for 5 minutes after a hard rag, if not more, the turbo would be glowing very bright.

A good timer will monitor the way you drive and set a time depending on that. i.e a quick drive around the block and it will turn it off pretty much instantly.
Absolutely no need for it to run for ages. The Greddy one I have used to be preset to 20 seconds, however since the battery ran flat its on autotimer and its fecking annoying, so I normally sit in the car for 20 secs then switch it off. Japanese instruction manual ftl.

ph1 black 172
OMGZORZ!!!!!111!!1!1!!!!!!
We only owned a petrol station in our family for 30 years :S
There is no guidelines, you wouldnt believe how laid back the fire officers are. You notice it says gas everywhere. Thats because its american.

ok what ever. in my opinion i think its stupid to leave engine running/on phone when filling with petrol.