ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to fit 42 inches in a 172!

Fiesta zetec s
Bit of a squeze but it went in some how. Haha

P19-12-09_123302.jpg

P19-12-09_1233.jpg

P19-12-09_123204.jpg

P19-12-09_123202.jpg

P19-12-09_123201.jpg

P19-12-09_1232.jpg

Fiesta zetec s
It was only for 5 minutes to get it home from commet, it was £499 in comet, not too bad, the xbox should look a bit better on that than my old 19" lcd. Haha

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
It was only for 5 minutes to get it home from commet, it was £499 in comet, not too bad, the xbox should look a bit better on that than my old 19" lcd. Haha
:)

Very smart telly!! Are you wall mounting it?

Mk6 Fiesta Zs
You do know you're no supposed to lie a plasma flat??

was thinkin that myself tbh. used to work for currys and had a few folk coming back because the gasses or whatever were feckt. they were told before the left, but no one ever listened !

edit: slow feckin typing ! my bad

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
There must be more packaging round yours cos i bought a 42" the other day and it fitted in the boot fine!!!!!

Clio 182 with cup kits
The man speaks sense. Although, aslong as it was only for a few minutes you should be ok.

Whats time got to do with it?! lol
Nothing happens to the plasma if you lay it flat that's all a myth.
The reason you shouldn't put a plasma or lcd screen layed flat in a car is due to the large surface area of glass or plastic the screen has. If you go over a bump the flex in the middle of the screen could cause it to crack. So people be warned always put the screen upright faceing the end of the screen in the dirrection of travel.

Fiesta zetec s
There must be more packaging round yours cos i bought a 42" the other day and it fitted in the boot fine!!!!!

I think it was to do with the bucket seat not going forward and the rear strut brace was a rite pain in the butt

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
The man speaks sense. Although, aslong as it was only for a few minutes you should be ok.

Whats time got to do with it?! lol
Nothing happens to the plasma if you lay it flat that's all a myth.
The reason you shouldn't put a plasma or lcd screen layed flat in a car is due to the large surface area of glass or plastic the screen has. If you go over a bump the flex in the middle of the screen could cause it to crack. So people be warned always put the screen upright faceing the end of the screen in the dirrection of travel.
Ok...

I will echo Ben here, he is right.

Plasmas generally have a glass screen, and if layed flat they can flex and crack/break.

Gaz, you also think plasmas have to be re-gassed yea? ;)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Fit a 40" LCD in mine with room to spare!

You got lucky lying it on its side, i'd have paid the delivery on a plasma tbh.

Fiesta zetec s
Fit a 40" LCD in mine with room to spare!

You got lucky lying it on its side, i'd have paid the delivery on a plasma tbh.

I only live 5 minutes from comet so it wasnt lieing down for long. Plus i'm too impatient to wait for delivery, i wanted it there and then. lol

Fiesta zetec s
when u gonna give it a wash????

The plan was to wash it today, until i watched my neibour wash his car and the water froze on his drive and pavement within about 10 minutes so its guna have to stay dirty for a while :rasp:

Last edited:
  clio rs
yea see wat ur saying - pavement is well icy to walk on - its gonna be dirty for a while - ur better off taking it down the carwash saves ur hands getting all frizzed up aswell

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Clios ftmfw. I couldnt fit my 32" in my dads 159!! Currently moving house and using the clio has a load lugger.

nice tv, i give it 4 months before it dies as you lied it down and didnt wait 2 days for the gas to settle before using it. cant believe the comet guy let you take it home my lads would of gutted letting you take it like that. oh and by the way i think comet have a price match policy, i now they used to have so go back when the sales on and get the difference back

Fiesta zetec s
nice tv, i give it 4 months before it dies as you lied it down and didnt wait 2 days for the gas to settle before using it. cant believe the comet guy let you take it home my lads would of gutted letting you take it like that. oh and by the way i think comet have a price match policy, i now they used to have so go back when the sales on and get the difference back

Well my TV in the living room was brought home exactly the same way about a year ago and we've neva had a problem with that. Its under warrenty anyway so it doesnt really mater :rasp: