ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to find out mileage if no old MOTs??

Clio 172 soon
Hey guys

How do you find out mileage if no old MOTs?? im thinking of getting a clio Ph2 172 on the weekend but no old MOTs 30,000 on the clock on a 2002 car and it has full history...
Seems too good :dapprove:

Cheers

if it has no MOTs it doesnt have full history.

If it has a proper service history, mileage should be recorded in service book.

Mini Cooper S
Yup...need a certain number on the log book, along with the registration. Pop onto VOSA and then you will have all the MOTs.

Clio 172 soon
Cheers guys.

It has the mileage in the service book but no old mots. His mate owns a garage you see so i dont know if hes run the clocks back and got this guy to stamp incorrect mileage.
The car seems mint be im just wondering.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Definitely check it out. Think you need the current MOT certain number and logbook number bit also shows up previous advisorys etc which can be interesting.

Doesn't HPI offer some sort of mileage thing?

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
HPI just offers an expected milage i think based on year i think?

Its pretty hard to winds clocks back these days isnt it?

Im not fully sure how it works on a clio but on my old punto it worked like...

Clocks would log mileage along with the ECU.

If a low spec owner would like to fit higher spec clocks he or she could do as long as the mileage was less then the original clocks. Once fitted the LCD display for mileage would read the new milage but would flash constantly intill the car was taken to fiat for proxy allignment. Fiat would then program the clocks mileage reading forward they didnt have the gear to wind back for clear reason.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Your right mileage is usually stored on ecu and clocks but can easily be 'sorted' now days.

I had to have a new set of clocks on my bike the SP1 has Digi clocks that store mileage along with ecu, so when we fitted the new clocks which had a higher mileage than the old ones we had to sort the ecu and clocks to read the correct mileage.