ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to ensure the longevity of Glasur?

Not a 320d
Right then chaps. My boss picked his M5 up today and wants "glasur'd". Myself, him and a mate are doing it this Saturday, its likely Ill be machine polishing it with P1 (Unless its in a good state - unlikely) while they crack on with the wheels (C5) etc.

Either way, once its been decontaminated, and polished if I do, Should I apply Glasur straight onto the bare paintwork or should I apply HD Cleanse first. I want to get the best water behaviour from the wax possible and prolong the life of the wax. Obviously the HD cleanse wont really have much of a purpose will it?

I hope Ill get the chance to maintain this regularly, atleast once every 2 weeks. Thanks to a change in the coatings im now going to use on the company vehicles (C1) Ill be using BTBM only so that should be OK.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'd go for either ipa wipe down or hd cleanse after polishing mate.

I'd never put it over polishing oils.

Not a 320d
Cheers Dudes.

P1 is water based IIRC so surely an IPA qipedown will suffice. If the defects are minimal then Ill be just using HD Cleanse anyway.

Proper Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance. If and when I meet you, I'm going to order a rubber stamp and apply said phrase to your forehead in permanent red ink.

IPA all the way.