ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how to disable seatbelt warning light

does anyone want to know ???

well its as simple as pulling out the wire that goes into the seatbelt catch on the left side of the seat its just a simple plug so out it comes and voila no more light

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

or buy a pre beeping clio model ! mine doesnt beep, and thank god for that, it would drive me nuts !

Lee

BMW M2C

Tell me about it. I had to keep putting my belt on every time I moved the car when queuing up for the strip at the weekend. I bet people wondered what was up when I sat there telling my car to shut the f**k up. :eek:

Mine dont beep best bet is probably wear the seat belt!!

Funniest thing I have heard for a long time.

"Woman walks into the clothes shop/boutique type place my girlfriend works in, chats away, says "oh its so hot, so horrible driving, and i couldnt possibly wear my seatbelt because it would crease my linen dress"!!!!!

Now I know that we guys have good reasons for now wearing seatbelts! She deserves to crash and crease her dress on the airbags!!!!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

more likely to crease her face on the lampost 400 yards down the road, things like that are just stupid. Yes in certain circumstances its appropriate to not wear one, but there is no excuse if you are driving on public roads to not wear your seatbelt... its not uncool or anything like that. whats uncool is doing a superman through the front windscreen.

I insist that passengers in my car wear seatbelts at all times and I have actually had to pull over to the side of the road and refuse to move until a passenger in the back would put her seatbelt on.

Rangerover Supercharged

Hey it does not work, I loosened 2 screws holding the seat belt catch together, uncliped the sensor for the seatbelt light and screwed the thing back together.

I then drove off happy with the knowledge of no more beeping, it didnt work the damn thing still beeps, I had to turn around and undo the whole thing and clip the sensor back in.

Ad

MK2 FRS

Wierd, I thought it was something the garage set up as me an mate got our extremes a week a part with the same spec, but his beeps and my never did. The 172 doesnt beep but is 3mths older than they were.