ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to clean silver seat belts?

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Anybody know a sure fire way of making them look like new again? Over the course of having my 182, the silver seat belts have become dirty and I want to clean them so they look like new again.

I tried just cleaning them with a damp cloth but that didn't work. Does anybody know anything that will definately get rid of the muck?

al

ST on the way...
Was wondering this too actually, maybe the autoglym foam stuff might work.

Might give it a go tomorrow.

106 GTi
Autoglym Interior Cleaner should remove mild grime.

Meguiars APC (All Purpose Cleaner) mixed up fairly strong 6:1 should sort it out.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Cheers Rich, I'll go out and buy some of that APC tomorrow. Hope Halfords sell the stuff.

al

ST on the way...
Tried the AG Hi-Foam shampoo earlier and it's shifted it a BIT but not much really.

Might try stardrops, my mum swears by it ;) lol

"Navy" N17 TWO
I have the silver belts in the dci

Do Mk2 172s have the silver belts? (2003 onwards)

Mito Sportiva 135
I have the silver belts in the dci

Do Mk2 172s have the silver belts? (2003 onwards)

Mine is a 53 plate and they are black. I suggest all those with dirty silver ones replace them - although I have been told this is a slightly epic task, or longer than you would expect anyway...

al

ST on the way...
Having silver belts is the same thing at the old Metro that had red belts.........was the selling point ;) lol

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Having silver belts is the same thing at the old Metro that had red belts.........was the selling point ;) lol

my cousin had a metro with these years and years ago, she always used to blab on about them, was so funny!

brings back memories!

anyway, how can we clean them?!