ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how to change indicator repeaters

1.2 Clio Sport mk ll
The other day i came across a set of chrome repeaters on eBay and did a little research how to fit them, i google'd it, looked on YouTube and asked some mates who also had Clio's if they new how to change them as i didn't have enough money to take it to a garage.
one post i read said you had to take the wheel off and go into the arch to remove the the repeater without damaging anything, this seemed like a huge job for something that was listed as a fairly cheap and easy mod.

Today the repeaters came in the post and i began to set out fitting them myself. this work on my Mk phase 1 so im not sure about others,but they are listed to fit the Mk 1 2 & 3. i got a Swiss army Knife with a Flatt squared edge blade and wrapped a duster around it so it was still thin enough to fit put protected the car from it.
I placed it into the recessed parts at the top and bottom of the light and gently levered it out, i moved it about 2mm out from the body work and swapped sides when both sides of the fitting were about 2mm out from the car i moved the blade in a rotary motion with no any force and i popped out without damaging any paint work, the fitting or the light its self.
I then cleaned the area where the light was fitted with a dry cloth to get rid of any dust or dirt and began take apart the light.

*i did this on my own and held onto the fitting after it was removed from the car, it was easy enough but two people could greatly reduce the chances of it slipping inside the body work*

The light fitting on the back of the repeater simply turns about a quarter turn and pops out, you then just remove the bulb and replace if needed, and then swap or keep the same repeater depending on whether it was a broken bulb or a styling change.

before placing the repeater back into its mount its best to check if its working by running through your signals. the fitting then connects back together how it was taken apart and the repeater can be just pressed back into place.

I then tried to remove it with my fingers gently pulling to see if there was any play.

hope this helped in some way.
:cool: