ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to block the speedo sensor on a JC5

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Hello guys

As mine is a 182 it doensnt have a speedo sensor how do you go about blocking them if you fit say a cup box? Is there a guide somewhere? When i mentioned this to my mate who's helping me fit this he got a little unsure..

Is there a guide or any pics anywhere?

Have you checked it doesnt have one first? its a myth if you ask me (my 172 none cup 100% has one and has abs), only place you can read speed from consistantly is the GB.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Keep the sensor in the hole!?

Woah sorry for asking what may seem a silly question to you.. I have no knowledge when it comes to this and didnt know it was that simple. Thanks though.

Have you checked it doesnt have one first? its a myth if you ask me (my 172 none cup 100% has one and has abs), only place you can read speed from consistantly is the GB.

Well i think it doesnt. Its a 182 so i beleive non of these have a speed sensor on the box. However the box im looking at does anyway so regardless, i should be fine. :)

only place you can read speed from consistantly is the GB.

No it's not. Any of the ABS cars have 4 wheel speed sensors so you simply calculate the median of those 4 values and use that as vehicle speed. Very accurate and provides multiple backup for sensor failures against loss of vehicle speed.

No it's not. Any of the ABS cars have 4 wheel speed sensors so you simply calculate the median of those 4 values and use that as vehicle speed. Very accurate and provides multiple backup for sensor failures against loss of vehicle speed.

Ok i stand corrected, mine 100% has a GB sensor, one i can see it and i had ABS problems and the clip told me 3/4 were duff (was major wiring issue), but no issues with speedo even tho the ABS thought i was skidding constantly under braking. I have no idea why it has both, but im glad it does lol

Matt205

ClioSport Club Member

This is how all the ph2 172's are down here in oz up till they fitted esp. Trying to work out how to get the speedo working via the abs using the clip, I have been able to change the config of the dash but there must be something else that needs changing too. That or the wiring is different.