ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How the hell?

I have an exhaust which I wish to try and fit to the clio, its universal so i am sure it will be relatively okay, I have had the exhaust fitted to 3 other cars and never had any major issues.

however this clio.. I cannot figure out how the backbox comes off? as far as i can see the pipe is all one peice, or at least looks to be, there is no joins, the pipe is nice and clean too so it would be pretty easy to spot, it seems to go all the way to the cat which would mean the backbox would be all one peice with the silencer aswell, I know this cannot be the case. what am I missing :/

I much prefer the Peugeot joints. =={}== :)

I think I might be a one piece exhaust from the cat back.

The only way to fit a universal back box (DON'T) would be to cut the original system.

if that is the case then I am definately not cutting anything.

you can buy the bits separetly though so it doesnt make sense that its all one part :/

Astra Twintop
The original exhaust from factory is one piece.

I had to chop mine off to fit my ktec stainless

monaco 172
If you disconnect it at the cat and lower the rear Axel you can get the exhaust out without cutting it.

monaco 172
On my 182 when I took the original system off I couldnt remove the exhaust as the bend that goes over the Axel was catching on the Axel stopping me removing it.

So if you drop the rear Axle down and disconnect the exhaust at the cat then you can remove the lot from cat back without cutting anything.

May be different on a 1.2 its a long time since I had mine

Mines a 1.2 so to confirm - The original is a full system from the cat, straight through to the back box.

Either cut the standard exhaust and fit yours, or buy a separate centre pipe for your after market back box and remove the original system.

monaco 172
Sorry I didn't realise it was just a back box you were fitting. Thought you wanted to replace the entire system without cutting the original one off

Mines a 1.2 so to confirm - The original is a full system from the cat, straight through to the back box.

Either cut the standard exhaust and fit yours, or buy a separate centre pipe for your after market back box and remove the original system.

I think i may go down the separete centre pipe route, think Ill save up though and get something that looks a little smarter, I suppose that would also solve my next question which would be... the backbox is so big that any aftermarket exhaust would be lost under the car?