ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how the bloody hell do i extend a partition?

i have a 200 gig HD with 1 partition of 78 gig, i want to extend the HD to have all the space in that 1 partition.

im having no joy with norton partition magic, it doesnt show the partition then when i try to extend and select the HD its got BAD beside it.

there must be an easy way to do this using xp?

anyone help?

cheers

172 Cup
Partition magic is the best tool for the job so if it can't do it (and judging by your referance to "bad") then it would appear there's something not quite right with your HD.

172 Cup
I take it that's two separate HD's?

If so does disk 2 contain any data? It appears that there's no drive letter/partition associated with it hence the "bad".

yeah, i have a 15 gig one for xp and my progs and a 200 gig one for my tunes, videos etc etc

this all fuked up when i installed vista on the 2nd to try it out, the only way i could get totally rid of it was tocreate a new partition on it then transfer all my tunes etc to that one, i then formatted the original partition to get rid of vista im now left with this small partition with my tunes on it and a 106 gig unallocated space but this partition magic doesnt show any on disk 2, im pickled :(

Golf Mk3 Gti 8v
needs formating i would have thought.
right click my computer
manage
disk management
and then format it

im hoping to avoid that as id need to back up 54 gigs worth of stuff :( or id have done that in the start..

looking at it now it might be my only option

172 Cup
Is the second HD showing in disk management? If so see if the "asign a drive letter" option is available to you.

yeah its showing fine in disk management, showing the 78 gig partition and the 106 unallocated space.

do you mean 'change drive letter and paths' ?

thats available ^ when i right click the 78 gig partition..