ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How often should I clay my car?

106 GTi
Whenever it needs it. Wash the car well, put your hand in a clean plastic bag and rub it across the paint if you feel bonded on crap worth claying it.

Hard to suggest amounts as everyones car use is different. Once or twice a year will probably be fine.

"Navy" N17 TWO
See Rich's guide

If you wash,clay, polish and give a good coat of wax then just give a regular wash & keep on top of the wax - should last 4-6 months I think :)

Mito Sportiva 135
Depends... I have only ever done my car once as it is well maintained. Apparently with a normal grey or green clay you can use them regularly, but I wouldn't as they are abrassive (although only slightly) on your paint.

If you run a finger across your paint it should feel smooth like glass, if it isn't then you could use a claying.

"Navy" N17 TWO
As said above - run your clean fingers lightly over the paintwork to feel how smooth it is :)