ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How often do you fill up your windscreen washer bottle??

Clio Sport 182
Just a quick question because i am not sure if my washer bottle has a whole or something?

With my old 106 Gti i used to fill my washer bottle every 2-3 months but with my new 182 i seem to be filling it up every 1-2 weeks.

Anyone else have this problem or how often do you fill up??

Cheers

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Clios are quite prone to cracked sceen wash bottles.... The 182 (if not a Cup) has a larger bottle too because of the headlamp washers

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
Yer just had to take mine out to fix a small slit around the pump. Pain in the ass to do

172 Cup
all the time dont worry about it, im using it all the time! U gotta remember we have had awful weather so u use it alot, u wont need half as much in the next 6 months!

Astra SRI/ Hornet
The washer bottle on the 106 is quite big compared to the 182 I found. I only fill mine every couple of months. Maybe the 182 squirts more water out. Or you have a hole.

Nothing at the mo :(
could be the bumper washers are leaking.. my bumper washes leak but i still hardly have to refill my washer bottle

Clio Sport 182
I was thinking that the headlight washer jets will use the extra water but just didnt expect to be filling it every fortnight.

But as Jimmybs says the weather has been poor so i am using it alot. Hopefully things will be better when the summer comes. :S

clio 182 black /gold
Every couple of weeks for me. Mine crys. I mean it leaks from the headlight washer.

Very rare for me, hardly use it. Last got topped up at its service in August and when I checked it this weekend its only gone down about 2 inch.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Do the headlamp washers activate as you spray the windscreen aswell on the 1*2's? Or is there a seperate button for it?

BMW F21 125d
Do the headlamp washers activate as you spray the windscreen aswell on the 1*2's? Or is there a seperate button for it?

When you have your Xenon's on, and you use the windscreen washers, the headlight washers also activiate. With Xenon's off, they dont.

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
I have to refill my 182 FF one quite often. I have a couple of reasons why i believe i have to.

I had a mk2b punto before and the windscreen sempt way more aureodynamic. I could travel at abou 45 and rain would roll up the screen and over the car. i need to be at about 90 for this to occur in the clio.

And the second reason i think is due to the back in comparison to my punto.

My puntos standard spoiler over hung the window so any filth and water would run off the car with out touching the rear glass.
I never once used rear spray on the punto and the rear wiper about 3 times in 2 years. The hatch the clio is filthy after one run in the rain...

Clio 182ff
Clios are quite prone to cracked sceen wash bottles.... The 182 (if not a Cup) has a larger bottle too because of the headlamp washers

This happens a lot when its cold - yer screen washer water can freeze expanding the bottle, cracking it at the seal housing. With the temperatures rising and lowering sporadically over the last few weeks, this could be enough to overstress the bottle material and cause a leak.

to test it you could place some newspaper under the car, spray your jets a few times and then check the paper fer leaks?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I still laugh at the headlamp washers, don't help at all!

1.5dci
Anyone know the capacity for a standard bottle, was filling it up last month, and couldn't find the capacity anywhere to know how much concentrate i needed to fill up properly, looked in the haynes manual and all, but didn't seem to say. just ended up putting a litre in, and then put another litre in last week when it ran out again, would like to have it full though so i don't need to keep doing it

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
i have noticed this myself, somehow one of my pipes for the head light washer has come away, there useless anyway

I have to fill most weeks

:)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Anyone know the capacity for a standard bottle, was filling it up last month, and couldn't find the capacity anywhere to know how much concentrate i needed to fill up properly, looked in the haynes manual and all, but didn't seem to say. just ended up putting a litre in, and then put another litre in last week when it ran out again, would like to have it full though so i don't need to keep doing it

Do it in a sperate container like everyone else does?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

IIRC 5 litres

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Hardly fill mine up but it doesn't tend to get dirty enough to need to use it! The missus' fiesta one is tiny, that gets filled up often! The 172 and the willy's seems to last for ages.

1.5dci
Do it in a sperate container like everyone else does?
Thanks, no idea why I never thought of doing that. will need to hunt down a bigger bottle, maybe finish off the squash quickly. At home we've always had room to sort litres of the diluted stuff, now my garage has to fit in the boot, so concentrate had to be the way to go instead!

1.4 phase 1
reminds me to top up mine. topped it when i bought and has taken 3 months to empty.

Silver Clio 172
I have a similer problem with my 172.
My windscreen washers need to be refilled every two weeks or so,
and mine doesn't even have light washers.

Wierd.

Lotus Exige, 182
With the headlight washers, it is a common fault that they weep water even when not used. Mark Fish does a modification to the feed pipes by inserting one way valves. Definitely worthwhile having done!

Jun

Pearl Black 172 ph2
It's probably been about 2 months for me too. Most of my driving is just through streets so it never really gets that dirty.