ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How not to drive!!!

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
5mph, against a high kerb and it was one of the sharp adged one, not the smoothed round ones

i done the same to one of my front wheels...

From now on...i ONLY reverse park...point the mirror away down so i can see the kerb..

All the people behind me can wait..

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
£210 for two tyres and tracking (might as well get two new front tyres)

although renault cressing said that the pilot tyres arent made anymore and they now sell the replacements?????????

Black 172 MK2
iv done that but against a rounded curb :S ? for some Eagle F'1s for around £145ish for both and my local garage fit tyres for £5 a balance etc sorted :D guna fit them after FCS after the 1/4 mile tho lol

Tangoed Works
Elite direct in Rainham stock them. There are Micheline Pilot primacys too, pretty good. That tyre looks like it needed replacing anyway.

Golf GTI 1.8T
andy_con said:
£210 for two tyres and tracking (might as well get two new front tyres)

although renault cressing said that the pilot tyres arent made anymore and they now sell the replacements?????????

bullshit andy!! did you actually go to renault to get it done or just asked for a price?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
M1TCH said:
bullsh*t andy!! did you actually go to renault to get it done or just asked for a price?

not change of plan, went to a tyre place and they said not to worry to much. Ive not damaged the strings in the tyre, they said just to move it to the back but keep an eye on it for now.

so saved me 200quid

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
You can't drive with a tyre like that! That's really dodgy, don't do it! I really do feel for you, some damn curbs are way out of order for cars. I'm a stickler for reverse parking too. Scuffed my alloy slightly on a high curb in our town, well was peed off.

BMW 330d :)
I kerbed my front alloy to fcu* the other week. Ended up having to buy a spare from renault at £125 as I didnt have another wheel. So easy to do if your not paying attention. Maybe worth getting the tracking checked just to make sure, as that looks like quite a heavy impact.

Fraser

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
DynamiqueDebz said:
You can't drive with a tyre like that! That's really dodgy, don't do it! I really do feel for you, some damn curbs are way out of order for cars. I'm a stickler for reverse parking too. Scuffed my alloy slightly on a high curb in our town, well was peed off.

Well said Debs.

Damaged tyres should be replaced immediately.