ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much will my insurance be affected by..

Mk1 Ph2 1.4 RT !FOR SALE!
Lowering my car?

Im 20, 2 years NCB, 3 points (sp30), Standard 1.4RT.

Currently pay £380 (with my dad added, which increases it from £340) TPFT with Norwich Union.

Tried calling them, and cant get them to understand my f**king question - basically does anyone have a rough guess at how lowering my RT (probably 40mm) would do to my insurance? Obviously it will increase, but is it going to be ludicruous amounts? Please note, its got no alloys etc at the moment (i have plans for the steelys) so is perfectly standard.

Cheers guys

Mk1 Ph2 1.4 RT !FOR SALE!
Was hoping someone else was in a similar situation and could shed some light on it - would be helpful if i could get the Norwich Union dick'ead call centre to understand what im asking them

BMW M135i
Keep ringing until you get through to someone english, its freephone so its not like it'll cost you anything.
I just ring and if I get india I hang up before they've even said anything and try again, eventually you'll get someone who's english and your laughing, they've always been spot on for me.
Usually takes me about 3 tries.

IBIZA 1.9 FR TDI
Just ask them what they consider as modifications, if lowering the car isnt on the list then ask them to leave a note on your file, that way if you ever need to claim you have evidence that you did tell them about lowering your car. Hope that helps