ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decat/Insurance

Mk1 Ph2 1.4 RT !FOR SALE!
When i get a decat is it worth telling my insurance company?
Its a '95 RT, 3 points on my license with Norwich Union, £340. How will it affect it, or is there no point telling them?

Cheers guys

172 cup'd extreme
if it fails the mot due to a de-cat then your insurance is void blah blah blah i wouldnt tell them but its up to you

its likely that if you tell them then the insurance will be void as the car is classed as not road worthy/fail an MOT, i neva told them about my decat, it might be worth ringing them up and finding out were you stand.

www.renparts.co.uk
if you stack it i wouldn't expect them to go looking at the Cat, mainly becuase they wouldn't start the engine. Come MOT time refit the standard one... To be fare there is no chance they will find out about it wether you crash or not. probably better getting an old cat and smashing the insides out for cosmetic reasons.