ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how much will insurence go up for lowering?

'52 clio 1.2 16V
ok i'm 17 and down as an additional driver. how much is my insurence likely to go up by if i have it lowered 60mm. ( with tesco if that makes a difference)

would be great to hear from anyone whos actually already done it under the same circumstances.

If your named driver on a parents policy and they are fronting you i.e the car is actually yours you are just after cheaper insurance (highly illegal), then lowering it will just add suspicion.
They are not stupid, 40yr old woman with a Clio declaring a bb4, tints, 17s and lowering, hang on a minute.......
Be careful is all im saying.

'52 clio 1.2 16V
No i hope i'd be ok. its actually my dads car, he still drives it etc and i was just added on until his insurence runs out which is mid-january.

i'd understand it being bad if it was solely my car and they were just fronting for me but its not.

No i hope i'd be ok. its actually my dads car, he still drives it etc and i was just added on until his insurence runs out which is mid-january.

i'd understand it being bad if it was solely my car and they were just fronting for me but its not.

Your in the clear then mate! Admiral reckoned £50 for me on the same car.....

cheers mate. thats a reasonable price i guess

I guess so, was £50 for my alloys too, although admiral only replace non standard parts with standard ones in the event of a crash/ theft. Bit annoying adds to the cost of modding and puts you off, what starts off as a cheap addition soon escalates into your overdraft!

Ph 1 172
you no what i wanted to know the samething (tesco are cool with mods) but i only got to wait 3 months and i got my 1st years no claim :) :) and if its only 50 quid + looks like my clio get slammed 60-80ml lol

'52 clio 1.2 16V
well they didnt say no. she said something about a £20 admin fee (about that) and something to do with 5%.

would cost me £35. but that does seem high considering i only have 1 months insurence left