ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much weight can you lose from a mk1?

If you stick a good enough space frame cage in you could remove almost whole of the panel strengh.

I'd drop danp a message he has stripped and weight his a lot or notorious he stripped loads out of his cars.

Looks like a good project though theres still loads of weight to go if you want to go hardcore iewiring for well most stuff no need for remote central locking etc plus doors can be cut the inside fully out same for the rear etc. Then you've got the plastic windows for weight removal.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Good point edde, will ask them.

Yeah started taking out some of the wiring going to the rear but not going to touch too much until we've worked out exactly whats what!

Doors have started to be cut out and hole saw will be brought out soon!

Oh and cheers, its hopefully gonna be worth it!

Good point edde, will ask them.

Yeah started taking out some of the wiring going to the rear but not going to touch too much until we've worked out exactly whats what!

Doors have started to be cut out and hole saw will be brought out soon!

Oh and cheers, its hopefully gonna be worth it!
So its a proper lighweight car then be interesting to see how light you go the cage wieght is difficult to say and will afect it a bit depending how good/big it is.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah will have to find a weighbridge when its all done.

Its never gonna be a road car again so we can go as light as we like. Its also only a 1.7 turbo engine so maybe a bit lighter than the valver/willy engines!

right, mine is weighing in at 823kg with half a tank of fuel. dash board etc etc.

Seats, door cards, headlining,all the sound deadening, remove the aux tank, remove the sapre wheel and carrier, light weight wheels, light weight buckets, 4 points, any bolts etc not needed, rear seat belts, any plastics.

with a valver luimp you usually get them down to 850before having to cut interior panels, with cutcing interior panels i expect you can get them down to a notch under 800kg, thats with out a dash etc as i dont know how much a dash weighs!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Dash itself isnt that much we found, but i reckon losing all the bits that attach to it helps a lot. We may end up putting half the dash back in to hold the gauges.

Everything is out as you'll see in the link! Have you cut any panels at all? Any interior pics of yours dan?

Oh and thanks for replying!

John

No worries mate, heres mine before the buckets and removing sound deadening and door cards:
STA70479.jpg

and it recently.ish.
STA70485.jpg

Ph1 172
Does anyone know what kind of weight loss a MK2 Ph1 172 could achieve?
As standard there 1035kg? I plan to lose:

replacing the airbagged seats with buckets (aprox 50kg loss)
both front airbags
most interior plastics
all carpets
door cards
spare wheel
sound deadening (that I can get to easily)
rear seats
aircon (when I get get hold of cup pulleys)

Also putting coilovers on (dont know if this would lose much?)

I want to KEEP the electric windows, speakers and the main part of the dash

What do people think this would bring the ph1 down to?
Is 900kg to optimistic?

Thanks
-Tom