ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much to turbo a 182?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Trophy #392
Realistically how much would it cost to turbo a 182? Maybe with a second hand set up? or supercharged?

I am thinking of selling the trophy but if it can be turbo'd or SC'd cheap enough I would be more than happy to keep it....

Also what power are turbo'd 182 putting out on average 220+?

182 Turbo
£5k ish?

270+ bhp I think. But then again it's what u want and how deep your pockets are there's a clio trophy turbo'd on here with just shy of 400bhp you should talk to him about it, pretty sure that's epic amounts of money though

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
£5k ish?

270+ bhp I think. But then again it's what u want and how deep your pockets are there's a clio trophy turbo'd on here with just shy of 500bhp you should talk to him about it, pretty sure that's epic amounts of money though

;)

speak to RStuning mate, theyre the ones doing the turbo trophy iirc and they have a 485bhp r26.r... Among other mental things

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
3K if you do it yourself should be more than enough to do a very useable conversion.

Fundamentally all you need to do is:
Lower compression head (either machined 182 head or a 197 head and inlet)
Aftermarket management
Turbo
Manifold
Exhaust Downpipe
Intercooler
Boost pipework
Oil and water fittings for the turbo

That should be good for a nice reliable 250/250 for torque and power :)

Status
Not open for further replies.