ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how much to fill up a 172?

Clio DCi 100
As title really, my dci used to return me 8p per mile but now with rising fuel prices its more like 10-11p per mile :(
As full tank from the red light in the DCI is £72!!!!!

How much to fill up a 172 from the red light? using standard petrol...

clio sport cup
nah.. more than that.. i put £48 in and got 350 and no light on, but was driving sensibly with 30 miles of my 50 miles round trip a day on the m-way at 70.. with a couple of blasts.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i get about 280 miles to a full tank, but my trip to work is windy country lanes so makes sense

Clio DCi 100
Thanks a lot everyone, tryin to decide whether i might go the way of the petrol again since rising diesel prices are eroding my gains

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
My focus costs 60 quid to fill and gets me 500+ miles.

TDI's still make sense for journeys even though the fun is removed

BMW M4; S1000 RR
A 172 willl never be as economical as a DCI. Unless you're caining the DCI everywhere and driving the 172 using 30hp. But then what would be the point in that when you could drive the DCI like a slow coach and get best part of a 1000 miles to a tank?

172 cup
£57 for Tesco 99ron. Does 350 miles a tank usually. 36.1 mpg over the last 1000 miles cos I've mostly been driving like a grandma!!! Ha ha

320d
Just remap the dci, then it will have 130bhp and be more economical, would make sense to me. I'd have a dci 100 but they are extremely rare and they all seem to have high mileage.

Clio 172
Mine costs £51 odd.get bout 320 miles outta it.some motorway and some round town.not too bad i think

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
11gallons (50 litres) with V-Power at £1.19 a litre is £59.50 there abouts, standard unleaded at say £1.13 is £56.50

I think i get about 310 miles to a tank with a whole mixture of driving, theres no point in driving like a nun if i wanted to do that i have bought a non performance car