ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much to bore wheels? (Russ@Gasperformance?!)

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Found some wheels I want but they are vw fitment, how much am i looking at to have them rebored bigger?

I'm guessing not much, I could do it myself but my company won't allow me to use their machines so I know it's not particularly hard work but...

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
bump.

Lunner, i'd prefer a pro job, i could do it myself but don't want to risk my car or my life!

I paid £20 per wheel as i called in a favour.

I reckon between £30 - 40 is the going rate, consider the offset as well.

RENAULT 9
i had a set done for 30 quid any place with a lathe will do it .
oh btw ,it takes fooking ages with a flap wheel dont eve try :)

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
gonna ring up and get some quotes on monday to see how much, i wouldn't have thought they would be too much to be honest.

the offset is fine, about 42 so thats not an issue.

the one thing is, how much material should be safely left between the bolt holes on the centre bore, from the angled pics on ebay it looks fairly close as it is, how much stress will be put on that measurement and is it a likely fail area?

lift number 1 @ btm
i got some done for £15 each, just got charged for the time. it costs a bit because the chances of them having either a lathe big enough, or the correct size bit is pretty slim. the guy did mine had to make a template and used some kind of ecentric milling machine, took two hours at £30/hr

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
how you mean correct size bit?
any normal boring tool will be fine to do it, only need a drill bit/slot drill if it's being done on a milling machine, but it needs clocking up on a miller.

thats a reasonable price for them, i'd pay that as the wheels will look awesome on once polished and sprayed!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
borbets and hmmm ats cups or rh cups?
:p

wish I could afford a set of cups or some nice borbet a's!
something a little different but classy in my opinion, just need to choose!

lift number 1 @ btm
the place i went to used a milling machine, it was just akward with the size of the wheel. they were pretty old school though, all the machines were running from belts in the celling! it was all a bit industrial revolution.