ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How Much should i lower 172 wheels on my mk2?

Clio s mk2
I just brought some Clio sport 172 16" wheels for my clio s.
Ne advice how much i should lower it by?

35mm 40mm or 60mm

Cheers Dominik

Depends who you talk to. I'd keep the stock height unless you either spend a fortune or just want it for looks.

Yozza'd Titanium 182
i have been in a clio today lowerd 50mm all round and its so rough and bumpy, also, do you have subs in your boot, if so you may want to take that into consideration

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
about 41.574847mm would be good.

in all honesty, go for 60mm, otherwise you will regret it. it shouldn't rub at all on the arch liners, mine was lowered about 120mm on the back at one point and never rubbed even going over speedbumps with a full car...

Yozza'd Titanium 182

in all honesty, go for 60mm, otherwise you will regret it. it shouldn't rub at all on the arch liners, mine was lowered about 120mm on the back at one point and never rubbed even going over speedbumps with a full car...

really, thats an awful lot fella including a full car, im gussing you had shocks?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR

really, thats an awful lot fella including a full car, im gussing you had shocks?

Nope, the rear '35mm' springs sagged stupidly so the car was pretty much on the bumpstops!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
How long is a Piece of String??

Some people like Uber Low Cars like Foxy's and some people like Subtle Drops, Depends how high your car sitis on the wheels and what lok your after!!