ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much oil does the 182 take?

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
Just about to order some oil and need to know how many litres the 182 engine takes and the gearbox.

Cheers. :)

ST
Around 4-5 litres matey in the engine, my old 182 took 4.5 litres some need the full 5 or a little less.

The gearbox i've no idea, i'm sure Fred or Edde will be along to give an answer tho.

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
Cheers for that Alan, looks like ill order a 5 litre with a 1 litre top up then, least i have a bit to flush the system. :D

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
Thats what oilman recommended Fred, i previously use to use total quartz 9000 5w40 but Oilman said the Silkolene is a better product. Is there any particular reason you wouldnt suggest it?

Civic Type-R
Ive just changed my gearbox oil to Royal Purple, tis excellent stuff gear change is so much smoother :)

why does everyone love silkolene! LOL

Because a certain comapny rate it so hightly and sell a lot of it on here IMO people chnage there old oil for this recomended stuff it like any il make the engine sound better vs old used oil hence the stuff get s popular and its cheap realy and as you say people follow recomendations.

Lionel Richie
why does everyone love silkolene! LOL

Because a certain comapny rate it so hightly and sell a lot of it on here IMO people chnage there old oil for this recomended stuff it like any il make the engine sound better vs old used oil hence the stuff get s popular and its cheap realy and as you say people follow recomendations.

oh yeah i keep forgetting :rolleyes:

renault recommend elf 5W40, and only 1 company i know of sells it via mail order (yozzasport)

Clio MkII 172 K reg
I use ELF Excellium 5w40 for the engine- 5 liters cost me 13 pounds.
For the gearbox, I use ELF TRX 75w80 - for 5 liters cost me 50 pounds.
All in IL.

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
Following recommendations isnt exactly a bad thing though Edde. Also just because Renault recommend Elf oil doesnt mean that its the best oil for my car does it? Im sure that by recommending it Renault make some sort of gain, probably financial, just like bmw do when they always recommend castrol oil when everyone knows there are far superior products on the market but because they have an agreement with castrol to use their products and recommend them to get discounted rates themselves people are persuaded to think that their engines were developed to run that particular brand of oil which isnt the case.

I cant see any negative comments about silkolene and after talking to the oilman about other products ive used on other cars and his reputation on other car clubs for his advice, id rather take the plunge and take his advice and follow the crowd.

Following recommendations isnt exactly a bad thing though Edde. Also just because Renault recommend Elf oil doesnt mean that its the best oil for my car does it?

I cant see any negative comments about silkolene and after talking to the oilman about other products ive used on other cars and his reputation on other car clubs for his advice, id rather take the plunge and take his advice and follow the crowd.
Doesn't mean that silkline is the "best oil" there no best anyway in the real world.

not many oils do have bad comments though do they loads of decinet enough stuff for most cars use out there just silkine admitidly its ok but its gets far better press than it maybe deserves but hey at the end of the day its good business for them there selling it in bulk.