ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much of a problem do I have?

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Finally got my 182 manifold on, along with a custom sports cat to keep mr MOT man happy.

Now the car's had an oil drip for ages, but it's only a drip, and I always thought it was the sump gasket.
I've had it up on axle stands for the last 3 weeks while the subframe was off and the manifold change was taking place.

On saturday, whilst bolting the manifold up, i noticed my oil leak wasn't the sump as suspected, but seems to originate from higher up.

now my question....

How screwed am I? This engine is at 44k, of that i've only done 2k since it went in 3 years ago, and while it was out it had belts / pulleys etc.
Oil.jpg

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
anybody?

don't want to come across as impatient, but if this is going to become expensive, the car is getting torched.
i've put far too much money into it for the miles it hasn't covered, and the last thing i need is another expensive problem.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
How much oil you loosing mate? I had oil down the back of my engine and it was cam seal cover.

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be able to help soon. I would probably be most worried about soaking that manifold in oil as that's a good way of starting a fire.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
it's only a drip at the moment, its probably only loosing a couple of ml every 100 miles.

The belts were done by an independant who used to work for Renault before starting his own garage and now works for the RAC.

you think it's a cam seal sam? i can take the top cover off and get more pics if you think it'll help?

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Ill try and get one, probably wont be till the weekend, but the car is sorn atm anyways, was hoping to have it back in daily use by end of this month.

don't think cam seals were done, i know the rest was though, ive still got the box of old bits somewhere