ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how much is she worth?

172 Cup
hi guys, just after afew peoples opinions. Im going to be selling my 172 over the next couple of months and just wondering what people think its worth. Its herdie172's old shed if ne ones seen it before?!

Its an 04 plate pearl black 172
65,000 miles
3 previous owners
full service history (+lots of reciepts)
6 months tax
12 months mot

16" cup turinis (could do with a refurb, 3 wheels slightly curbed, may do this before sale)
4 x brand new toyo proxes 4's (195/45/16) (fitted last week)
Cup spoiler
Carbon fibre ktec splitter
Lowered on 40mm apex springs
New standard renault exhuast (fitted approx 57,000miles)
origional 172 wheel as spare wheel with conti sport tyre with plenty of tread left.

Here she is (pic taken is when it had the h&r's on, ride height in pic is approx 70mm on the front n 60mm on the back so its a tad higher at the mo)

What do u think? ££££

22122007401.jpg

22122007395.jpg

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'd say 7kish, but high miles for that age could knock it down a bit, cambelt been done?

I'd take the mods of and sell seperatly if you can. You won't get any more for it having the splitter/ being lower etc IMO.

172 Cup
ye the cambelts been done not even 1,000 miles ago and prob going to service it before the sale.

I dont think its worth £7k because of the high mileage, and because ure into 182 money there. I'm not going to change the car, it will be sold as described although i know people prefer standard.

Ne more ppls opinions, really good do with afew. thanks guys.:rasp:

BMW M5 & E36
I'd have said closer to £6k too. Age is on its side but the higher miles bring it down slightly. Have a look in the For Sale section on here for comparisons as well as Pistonheads and the likes.

Clio F1 R27
nice to see some good suggestions being put forward, rather than all this 2k bussiness

Agreed although I'd say more like 5-6k if you want to shift her quickly. I'm just being realistic fella as you have to consider the following -

3 x owners
Highish miles
You havn't confirmed if cam and aux belts have been done
Is it a full Renault service history (this just looks better on paper imo)
Condition of brakes?

I've got an 04 with similar miles and spec but mine has two owners, came from a dealer with frsh and both belts done. I'm not expecting to to get more than 5.5k :0(

172 Cup
ye all the belts have been done last month, and its full service history not all renault tho sadly.

Going to be putting it up for sale in the next couple of months i think. Mite put it up for around £5.5 - £6k ish.

Thanks for all the opinions guys, always appreciated getting different peoples views on prices etc.

cock mobile.
Put it up at 6.5k initially, tbh I think you'd do well to get 6k.

If you have the standard wheels and standard springs then put them back on and sell on these separately will raise more cash as well as help the car appeal to a wider market.

172 Cup
thanx again guys, i think am going to put it up for around £5.5k, that sounds a reasonable price to me. And is prob an average of what prices ppl said.

Ano it would have been much better if it was full renault service history but wasnt down to me!

(No the h&r's are not for sale :rasp: )

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I have been looking at 172's and 182's of late and i would have thought that would be closer to £6k tbh. There are a few cheap ones going for closer to the 5k mark. Yours isnt what I would call high mileage but there are plenty cheaper with lower miles than £6.5/£7 list as some people have mentioned.