ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how much is it worth as parts?

I posted yesterday that my car had been crashed into on Tuesday morning while it was parked. I've since spoken to the mechanic from my insurance company's recommended garage and he's quoted £3800 so far & that doesn't account for any damage that they might find when they stick it on the alignment machine (whatever that means).

I'm 99% certain they're going to call it a write off as the book value for an 02 172 is £3k maximum - so my question is to anyone that has experience in these situations - would it be worth me buying it back from them and trying to sell it as parts & how much roughly could i get? and if i was to do this, would it be cost effective to pay a garage to remove the engine etc. as I'd have no idea how to do it myself or any of the tools?

the police haven't phoned me yet but I've heard from people in the street that the driver in the car that caused the accident tried running off and was off his head when they caught him, wearing a police tag, which makes me think that he's unlikely to have insurance. My excess is £600 so I'm desperately in need of ways to make some money back if I'm going to have to claim on my insurance & buy a new car.

sorry, the pictures a bit s**t but I only had my mobile and it was dark.

https://doc-0k-c0-docs.googleuserco...3051965&hash=hcsbab5d5dk4hedreob3d0s8qhce66gh