ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how much for genuine ecu

182 S
a friend of my girlfrend has just had to have a new ecu for her 1.2 04 clio. the garage charged her £850 for the part and fitting! i couldnt believe how much this was! looked on ebay and they are going for £160 brand new!

has she been robbed?

182 S
it didnt say anything about that! seemed like a propper seller though. had ecu's for lots of cars along with other parts.

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
a friend of my girlfrend has just had to have a new ecu for her 1.2 04 clio. the garage charged her £850 for the part and fitting! i couldnt believe how much this was! looked on ebay and they are going for £160 brand new!

has she been robbed?

Does a bear s**t in the wood's?

182 S
a new ecu? are you sure it even needed one?
i thought the same fred. she was driving along and suddenly the car just died! nothing at all. like the battery was dead. didnt no an ecu could just go like that but im no mechanic.

Lionel Richie
i'm yet to see an ecu failure on a clio

most likley to happen on the 1.2 16v though as its above the f**king exhaust manifold LOL

172 Race Car
it can but ive been in the trade for 16 years and i can count the number of failed ecu's ive seen on one hand (of all manufacturer)

ITB'd MK1
Seen a few old 8bit ECUs fail but normally down to mis treatment and not normal use. Only failure of a renault ECU i know of was Schweppys 182

320d
Sounds like she's been had. There are loads of 1.2 16vs at breakers yards etc she could have got an ecu off or ebay as you said.

Hence why I'd never let my mum or gf (if she had a car) go to a garage alone.