ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much do you have of compression??

Clio 1.6L 16V
Well I'm opening this thread to know the compression of the forum car owners, mine is 225 psi, i hope that all the people of the forum participate, cheers.

196psi per cyliner on an 8 year old 82'000 mile car... not bad imo, 45k of those were with throttle bodies and over 220bhp :)

Lionel Richie
^don't think whoever did you compression test did it correctly as those readings are too high jon (or the gauge was out of calibration/a cheapo gauge)

as long as they're the same and measured in the same way you're fine

53 Clio's & counting
mine on 113k were approx 10 bar on each cylinder,but as fred said there were all even so thats the important thing

Lionel Richie
see thats only 145psi, my gauge on average shows them around 165-175

comp gauge's can be way inaccurate, bit like tyre pressure gauges (old ones)

53 Clio's & counting
edit:

i wrote them down when i did it,got it wrong 11.5 bar lol

i still dont trust it as it wasnt digital,i just wanted to make sure all were the same really

Clio 1.6L 16V
Well i don't know if it's the gauge is out of calibration but i just got 225 psi or around that number in the 4 cylinders, I got my stock camshaft and I have skimed the cover engine so I think that's the answer of the high reading, cheers.